Family still seeks justice in unsolved murder

By Rich Jacques

Holly PalmerBy Rich Jacques

It’s been nearly 28 years since Holly Palmer was murdered —Sunday, Nov. 27, 1988 — inside Granbury’s bus station where she worked.

That station, a former residence that stood at 1512 W. Pearl St. before being torn down, will be the site of a gathering of Holly’s friends and family members who remain vigilant in their quest to find answers regarding the unsolved crime.

“We’re looking for justice,” said Holly’s sister, Dolly Spinner, the organizer of Saturday’s event that begins at 10 a.m. in what is now an empty lot next to the Hood County Annex I at 1410 W. Pearl St.

Spinner said she will update those in attendance on the status of the case and ask for the public’s help in providing new clues that might lead to an arrest.

“Twenty-eight years is too long for any family to get answers and put her murderer behind bars,” said Spinner in a statement that will be handed out at the event. “This cold case needs to be a priority in our community.”

According to Granbury police, Holly, 23, died as a result of blunt-force trauma to the head.
A motive for the murder has never been established, although police ruled early on that robbery was not a factor.

At the time of the incident, Holly was planning on moving out of the Bromley Apartments – where she once lived with her sister – and into the bus station, which she managed.
She spent some of her off-duty hours at the station and was preparing to start her own T-shirt business in the building.

Initial reports in the Hood County News confirmed by Granbury Police Chief Mitch Galvan indicated Holly’s boyfriend reported finding her body.

Dolly, one of four surviving sisters, previously stated she was the last family member to speak to Holly, during a Thanksgiving phone call after Dolly had arrived at their parents’ home the night before. Dolly said they talked about playing Monopoly, but Holly didn’t come by the house after all.

[email protected] | 817-573-7066, ext. 256

Related story: Who killed Holly?