- Pirates enter the playing field
Granbury Pirates hit the football field against top-ranked Aledo Friday night at Bearcat Stadium.The Pirates lost 59-0. Mary Vinson/Hood County News
- Pecan Plantation man faces felony charge November 1, 2014
Derek Don Drake, 50, of the 5600 block of Flagstick Drive, Pecan Plantation, was arrested on Oct. 22 and charged with felony resisting arrest/search/transportation with a deadly weapon, according to Hood County Jail booking records.
- Jewel Ball: Keeping it beautiful here November 1, 2014
The 30th Annual Jewel Ball takes place Saturday, Nov. 8. It will be held at the Granbury Resort Conference Center. A champagne reception is from 6-7 p.m. Dinner will be served at 7. Precious gems will be auctioned throughout the events. For sponsor tables or individual tickets, call 254-967-5674.
- Last night for GranScary! November 1, 2014
Help raise money for Hood County Christmas for Children by attending the final evening of GranScary Saturday (Nov. 1) at the Reunion Grounds, 641 Reunion Court. Tickets are $20. The package of entertainment will be from 6 p.m. to midnight.
- Get tickets for Healthy Woman event November 1, 2014
Healthy Woman will host its annual event Nov. 8 at Acton Middle School (AMS). The program includes a free vendor and shopping expo with over 70 vendors from 10 a.m. until noon. A luncheon is at noon, followed by Dena Dyer, keynote speaker at 1 p.m. Tickets are $15 and on sale at the Senior Circle office at 1321 Water’s Edge Drive, Suite 2001, or call 817-579-2955, or email [email protected] to purchase.
- Charter Review Committee to be formed November 1, 2014
The Granbury City Council will soon be forming a Charter Review Committee to review the city’s charter and possibly make suggestions for changes. The council is set to discuss appointing seven citizens to the Charter Review Committee during its regular meeting Tuesday night, Nov. 4
- Two Lipan residents face felony charges November 1, 2014
Deona Janelle Empey, 39, of Lipan, was arrested on Oct. 23 and charged with felony possession of a controlled substance, Penalty Group 1, less than 1 gram, according to Hood County Jail booking records. Thomas Patrick Empey, 58, of Lipan, was also arrested on Oct. 23 and charged with felony hindering apprehension/prosecution of known a felon and unlawful possession of a firearm by a felon, according to Hood County Jail booking records.
- Huntsville man charged with evading arrest November 1, 2014
Timothy Charles Davis, 26, of Huntsville, was arrested on Oct. 24 for felony evading arrest or detention with a vehicle, according to Hood County Jail booking records.
- Lipan man faces three felony charges October 31, 2014
Anthony Wayne Cowden, 43, of Lipan, was arrested on Oct. 23 and charged with felony prohibited weapons; felony possession of a controlled substance, Penalty Group 1, less than 1 gram; and felony hindering apprehension/prosecution of a known felon, according to Hood County Jail booking records.
- NCTA Pioneers fall, but still have playoff hopes
- Cornerstone victory clinches home playoff game
- Tolar defeats San Saba, 64-14
- Pirates fall to Grapevine in regional team tennis tournament
- Pirates take on state’s top powerhouse tonight in Aledo