- Pirates enter the playing field
Granbury Pirates hit the football field against top-ranked Aledo Friday night at Bearcat Stadium.The Pirates lost 59-0. Mary Vinson/Hood County News
- Lipan man faces three felony charges October 31, 2014
Anthony Wayne Cowden, 43, of Lipan, was arrested on Oct. 23 and charged with felony prohibited weapons; felony possession of a controlled substance, Penalty Group 1, less than 1 gram; and felony hindering apprehension/prosecution of a known felon, according to Hood County Jail booking records.
- Granbury falls to Aledo, 59-0 October 31, 2014
The Granbury Pirates fell by a 59-0 coutn to Aledo Friday night in their District 8-5A football game in Aledo. The Pirates (1-5, 1-8) drove to the Aledo 36 yard line on their opening series of the game, but the Bearcats (5-1, 8-1) stopped the threat with an interception. After picking up four first downs on that opening drive, the Pirates managed just one first down, the rest of the half. Aledo led 28-0 at halftime.
- Follow live updates of Granbury at Aledo football game tonight October 31, 2014
If you won’t be traveling to Aledo to watch the Granbury Pirates take on top-ranked Aledo tonight in their District 8-5A football matchup, you can follow live updates during the game starting with the 7:30 p.m. kickoff by clicking here.
- Man injured when car falls off jack October 31, 2014
A man was injured in an accident after a car fell on him when a jack gave way around 3 a.m. Friday morning, according to Hood County Sheriff’s Office Lieutenant Johnny Rose. Rose said he was transported to Ft. Worth. No other information is available.
- Final weekend for GranScary October 31, 2014
It’s the final weekend for GranScary – a Halloween season event to raise money for Hood County Christmas for Children. Those who received an HCDeals email from the Hood County News offering half off the $20 ticket price can get the reduced price by simply showing gate workers the email on their cell phones. GranScary is at the Reunion Grounds, 641 Reunion Court. The gate opens at 7 p.m. Halloween night and 6 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 1. It ends at midnight both nights.
- Alvarado woman faces felony burglary and theft charges October 31, 2014
Lisa Nicole Cook, 23, of Alvarado, was arrested on Oct. 25 and charged with felony burglary of a habitation; theft greater than $1,500/less than $20,000, according to Hood County Jail booking records.
- Last day to vote early October 31, 2014
Friday (Oct. 31) is the final day to vote early for the Tuesday, Nov. 4, General Election. Polls at Annex 1, 1410 W. Pearl Street, opened at 7 a.m. and will remain open until 7 p.m. Elections Administrator Jenise “Crickett” Miller said she has been pleased at how well-prepared Hood County voters have been. Those casting ballots have shown up with identification that is now required by law “and we have just been able to process them right on through,” she stated.
- Trunk or Treat in Thorp Spring October 31, 2014
The annual Trunk or Treat at First Baptist Church Thorp Spring, 2815 Lipan Highway is free from 6 – 8 p.m. Friday, Oct. 31. Games, prizes, cake walk and lots of candy are planned.
- Tolar defeats San Saba, 64-14
- Tolar leads San Saba
- Pirates fall to Grapevine in regional team tennis tournament
- Pirates take on state’s top powerhouse tonight in Aledo
- Tolar Rattlers to play tonight in San Saba, with eye on title