- GranScary if you dare
Though parents are advised to show caution with children through the haunted house, the final weekend for Gran-Scary at the Granbury Reunion Grounds will be open to all ages. On Friday (Halloween night), gates will open at 7 p.m. and 6 p.m. on Saturday. Mary Vinson/Hood County News
- Stephenville woman faces felony drug charges October 30, 2014
Jan Elaine Arnold, 56, of Stephenville, was arrested on Oct. 27 and charged with felony possession of a controlled substance, less than 1 gram, according to Hood County Jail booking records.
- Car tag office closed Thursday, but open Saturday October 30, 2014
The Acton and West Pearl Street offices of the Hood County Tax Assessor-Collector are closed Thursday (Oct. 30) for staff training, but the West Pearl Street location will be open from 8 a.m. until noon on Saturday (Nov. 1).
- Early voting drawing to a close October 30, 2014
Friday (Oct. 31) is the final day for early voting for Tuesday’s General Election. Polls at Annex 1, 1410 W. Pearl St., will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. today (Thursday, Oct. 30) and Friday. Polls at 15 locations throughout the county will be open from 7 to 7 on Election Day, Nov. 4.
- Halloween fun Friday and Saturday October 30, 2014
Many Halloween-related activities are planned this weekend, with the big night for trick-or-treaters on Friday. Most activities are for children and families. A new event, GranScary, is at Reunion Grounds Friday and Saturday. Event organizers reported these Halloween activities to the Hood County News.
- Trunk R Treat at City Park Friday October 30, 2014
Fun, games and candy for children and families is planned from 5:30 – 7 p.m. Friday, Oct. 31 during the Trunk R Treat at Granbury City Park, 1218 W. Pearl St. The event is sponsored by Acton United Methodist Church.
- Have fun and be safe at StoneWater party October 30, 2014
Looking for a fun and safe atmosphere? StoneWater Church will feature Champ the mascot from the Dallas Mavericks, bounce houses, games, prizes, photo booth and fun for all ages Friday, Oct. 31 from 6-8 p.m. at 911 E. Highway 377.
- Trick or Treat on the square Friday October 30, 2014
Costumed children are invited to trick or treat at participating merchants on the Granbury square. The annual tradition is from 3-5 p.m. Friday, Oct. 31.
- Day of the Dead concert event to help animals October 29, 2014
Day of the Dead, a live music experience Saturday, Nov. 1 is sponsored by Gypsy Tramps to benefit the nonprofit Second Chance Farm. The benefit takes place at Granbury Resort Conference Center, 621 E. Pearl St., and begins with dinner at 6 p.m. Texas Flood band presents a tribute to Jimi Hendrix at 7 p.m. and tribute to Stevie Ray Vaughn at 9 p.m. Tickets are $75 and available online.
- GHS to play Grapevine in team tennis regional opener
- Lady Pirates close regular season with win, set for playoffs
- GHS set for team tennis regional tournament Friday
- Bidistrict playoff time, site set for Lady Pirates
- Lady Pirates top Centennial for fifth straight win