- Kroger Marketplace is open for business
- Nellie Robertson marker dedication set in June May 3, 2015
Granbury’s Nellie Gray Robertson, who in 1918 became the first female county attorney in Texas history, will have a historical marker dedicated on June 20 at the Hood County Courthouse on the square. The event will feature local and state elected officials, and entertainment from The Judge and the Jury.
- DPS posts impressive numbers in border operation May 3, 2015
The Texas Legislature directed the Department of Public Safety to conduct a multiagency surge operation in the Rio Grande Valley, which began on June 23, 2014. So far the effort has stopped 349,216 pounds of marijuana, 737 pounds of cocaine, 642 pounds of methamphetamine and 33 pounds of heroin from entering Texas. The total value of the contraband is almost $2.25 million.
- Paluxy River Community Band and Redeemed Men’s Choir to perform May 3, 2015
A joint concert by the Paluxy River Community Band and the Redeemed Men’s Choir will be Tuesday night, May 5 at 7 p.m. at the Granbury Church of Christ Family Center. The church is on Pearl Street across from Granbury High School. The program includes a Sousa march, overtures, other typical concert band tunes and some “Southern Gospel Style” singing. Admission is free. Donation are accepted to defray the cost of music and supplies.
- Spring Musical Potpourri by the Melody Belles May 3, 2015
The Melody Belles choral group presents A Spring Musical Potpourri at 5:30 p.m. Friday, May 8 at deCordova Bend Country Club. Tickets are $15 and include dinner. Call 817-326-2381 for reservations.
- Azle man arrested in felony card abuse case May 2, 2015
Gregory Lane Fowler, 37, of Azle, has been charged in a Hood County Sheriff’s Office case with a felony count of credit card or debit card abuse, according to Hood County Jail booking records.
- Ridge Express concert Friday raises more than $3,000 May 2, 2015
A concert and auction Friday night at Granbury Live Theater, dubbed the Ridge Express, raised a little over $3,000 to help fund a trip for 12-year-old fiddling sensation Ridge Roberts to compete in the National Oldtime Fiddlers Contest, June 22-27 in Weiser, Idaho, his mother Cindy Roberts said. Ridge, along with his two brothers and parents John and Cindy will be there for the duration of the six-day event. If you’d like to help with a donation, call Peggy or Dickie Freeman at 214-675-5752.
- CASA gets grant from Texas Bar Foundation May 2, 2015
The Texas Bar Foundation has awarded more than $16 million in grants to law-related programs including a recent donation of $8,000 to CASA of Hood Somervell.
- Civic Chorus concert Monday, May 4 May 2, 2015
American Songbook concert will be presented by the Granbury Civic Chorus at 7 p.m. Monday, May 4 at Acton United Methodist Church, 3433 Fall Creek Highway.
- NCTA squads sweep regional track meet
- Lipan’s Roberts returning to state in track
- Pirates drop playoff warmup
- Tolar sending a bunch to state track
- Pirates advance to playoffs in convincing style