- Region champs!
- Join others for senior lunch in Lipan March 2, 2015
Senior citizens are invited to enjoy lunch provided by the Senior Center on Thursdays at the Lipan Community Center. Call Sue Langley, 817-253-4495, by Tuesday so that she can order enough meals. Come early and play bingo, then stay later for card games and dominoes. Meals are served at noon.
- Memorial planned for Elizabeth Crockett today March 2, 2015
A memorial service for Elizabeth Crockett is planned at 12:30 p.m. Monday, March 2 at Acton Cemetery. In case of bad weather, the program will be indoors at Acton Baptist Church, next to the cemetery.
- Arrowhead Shores man faces tampering with evidence charge March 2, 2015
Randy Lee Jones, of the 5900 block of Arrowhead Shores, Granbury, was arrested on Feb. 20 and charged with felony tampering/fabricating physical evidence with intent to impair, according to Hood County Jail booking records.
- Chick-fil-A fund raiser set for family in need March 1, 2015
A fundraiser will be held at Chick-fil-A from 5 to 7 p.m. Tuesday (March 3) for the Davis family. Melissa Davis was incapacitated last July after suffering a brain aneurism while at work. Her husband, Lonnie, who once worked in law enforcement, also has health issues and is on disability. The couple is trying to move to Utah with their 13-year-old daughter, Brianna, so that they can live with Melissa’s parents. According to organizer Lori Vale, Chick-fil-A will give to the family a portion of the proceeds from food sales during the fund raiser.
- Council to hold special meeting Monday March 1, 2015
The Granbury City Council will hold a special meeting at noon Monday at City Hall with representatives of the Hilton Garden Inn to discuss updates on the booking policy, pricing matrix, advertising partnerships and status on this year’s bookings and booking leads for the Granbury Resort Conference Center. The council and the hotel reps are looking at ways to partner so that both the hotel and the Conference Center benefit.
- Old Granbury Estates man faces felony DWI March 1, 2015
John Michael Browning, 35, of the 200 block of Dean Court in Old Granbury Estates, Granbury, was arrested on Feb. 24 and charged with felony driving while intoxicated, third or more, according to Hood County Jail booking records.
- Free-standing DMO on Tuesday night’s Council agenda February 28, 2015
At the request of council member Rose Myers, the Granbury City Council, at its regular meeting Tuesday (March 3), will consider converting the city’s Tourism Department to a separate, independent destination marketing organization – a move that the city manager has warned could be financially unwise. As part of the same agenda item, the council will consider creating a four-member committee to lead the transition. Some on the council appear to support the initiative. In light of Myers’ efforts to eliminate the city department, one of the city’s three marketing and management employees in the Tourism Department has given her notice, and will soon leave the city’s employment.
- Big parade with riding groups for Texas celebration moving to March 21 February 28, 2015
Don’t rain on my parade! With a forecast of cold, wet weather, the Texas Independence celebration is moving to March 21-21. Riding groups, historic actors, children’s groups and others will be featured in the parade at 11 a.m. on the square. Activities on the square spill over to Langdon Center and City Beach March 21-22, in conjunction with General Granbury’s birthday party.
- Lady Pirates gain basketball all-district honors
- Varsity soccer teams play at Cleburne Monday – finally
- Lipan to play state semifinal game at 8:30 a.m. Thursday
- NCTA regional semifinals moved to Monday in Fort Worth
- Parents of GHS track participants to meet with coaches Monday