- We flew south for this?
Seems these two warblers weren’t too happy about dealing with an icy layer of sleet during a recent feeding time. Courtesy Gary Marks
- Sheriff: 3 to 5 inches of snow, ice in county; roads “bad” March 5, 2015
Hood County is covered with 3 to 5 inches of snow and ice, and Sheriff Roger Deeds advises drivers to stay home if they can. “Roads are in bad condition,” he said. “Don’t drive unless you have to.” Granbury and Tolar schools are closed today, and county offices open at noon.
- Sleet, snow hit county; schools closed March 4, 2015
School officials in Granbury and Tolar called off school for Thursday after sleet and snow blanketed Hood County Wednesday night. Stay off the icy roads unless absolutely necessary.
- Weather closings March 4, 2015
Cross Town Preschool
Busy Bees Preschool
First Baptist Granbury office
Acton Methodist Preschool and Administrative Offices
Hood County Senior Center and Meals On Wheels
First Discoveries Montessori Academy
Creations Child Care
The Learning Ladder
Chamber MemberLink Breakfast
Granbury Project Graduation Style Show
First National Bank all locations open noon
Stellar Vision opens noon
County offices open noon
City of Granbury offices open noon
County library opens noon
- Granbury schools closed Thursday March 4, 2015
Granbury schools are closed Thursday.
- Tolar schools closed Thursday March 4, 2015
Tolar schools are closed Thursday because of icy roads.
- Opera House to get permanent donor wall March 4, 2015
By mid- to late April, a permanent donor wall is expected to be in place at the Opera House, replacing a temporary display. Thus far, $244,000 has been raised by community donations to offset the cost of the more than $3.4 million Opera House renovation. The Opera House reopened to the public a little more than a year ago.
- Please report your weather closings, delays March 4, 2015
- Icy roads expected Wednesday night through early Thursday morning March 3, 2015
Hazardous road conditions are expected Wednesday evening through early Thursday morning after a winter blast of sleet and slow hits the area, according to the National Weather Service. About a half-inch of sleet and an inch of snow will be possible.
- Follow live blog of Lipan-Garden City Class A state semifinal game
- Rattlers finally play, get win
- Pirates clinch soccer playoff berth; Lady Pirates fall in OT
- NCTA boys, girls two wins from another pair of state titles
- Weather forces sports schedule changes