- Kroger Marketplace is open for business
- Paluxy River Community Band and Redeemed Men’s Choir to perform May 3, 2015
A joint concert by the Paluxy River Community Band and the Redeemed Men’s Choir will be Tuesday night, May 5 at 7 p.m. at the Granbury Church of Christ Family Center. The church is on Pearl Street across from Granbury High School. The program includes a Sousa march, overtures, other typical concert band tunes and some “Southern Gospel Style” singing. Admission is free. Donation are accepted to defray the cost of music and supplies.
- Spring Musical Potpourri by the Melody Belles May 3, 2015
The Melody Belles choral group presents A Spring Musical Potpourri at 5:30 p.m. Friday, May 8 at deCordova Bend Country Club. Tickets are $15 and include dinner. Call 817-326-2381 for reservations.
- Azle man arrested in felony card abuse case May 2, 2015
Gregory Lane Fowler, 37, of Azle, has been charged in a Hood County Sheriff’s Office case with a felony count of credit card or debit card abuse, according to Hood County Jail booking records.
- Ridge Express concert Friday raises more than $3,000 May 2, 2015
A concert and auction Friday night at Granbury Live Theater, dubbed the Ridge Express, raised a little over $3,000 to help fund a trip for 12-year-old fiddling sensation Ridge Roberts to compete in the National Oldtime Fiddlers Contest, June 22-27 in Weiser, Idaho, his mother Cindy Roberts said. Ridge, along with his two brothers and parents John and Cindy will be there for the duration of the six-day event. If you’d like to help with a donation, call Peggy or Dickie Freeman at 214-675-5752.
- CASA gets grant from Texas Bar Foundation May 2, 2015
The Texas Bar Foundation has awarded more than $16 million in grants to law-related programs including a recent donation of $8,000 to CASA of Hood Somervell.
- Civic Chorus concert Monday, May 4 May 2, 2015
American Songbook concert will be presented by the Granbury Civic Chorus at 7 p.m. Monday, May 4 at Acton United Methodist Church, 3433 Fall Creek Highway.
- Optimist Auction raises money for kids May 1, 2015
The Optimist Club auction fundraiser Saturday, May 2, includes a silent auction at 11 a.m. and live auction at 1 p.m. at Granbury Resort Conference Center,621 E. Pearl St. Complimentary lunch is from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. All proceeds benefit Hood County youth.
- Historical marker to honor groundbreaking Hood County female May 1, 2015
Nelly Robertson, the first woman elected county attorney in Hood County and in the state of Texas, will be honored with a marker at the courthouse. Robertson was county attorney from 1918 to 1925. A dedication ceremony for the new marker will be held at the courthouse at 10 a.m. on June 20.
- NCTA squads sweep regional track meet
- Lipan’s Roberts returning to state in track
- Pirates drop playoff warmup
- Tolar sending a bunch to state track
- Pirates advance to playoffs in convincing style