- Region champs!
- Fiddler Ridge Roberts will entertain today March 3, 2015
The Granbury Opera Guild is hosting fiddler Ridge Roberts at its meeting Tuesday, March 3 at deCordova Bend Country Club. The entertainment begins at 11 a.m. and buffet luncheon is at noon.
- Winter back in force Wednesday March 2, 2015
Winter – the icy kind – returns to Hood County Wednesday afternoon, according to the National Weather Service. Rain is expected to turn to sleet with some snow and freezing rain. Accumulations and travel impacts are uncertain at this time.
- McKethan: County now has signed PIA March 2, 2015
City Manager Wayne McKethan said the county now has a signed Public Improvement Agreement (PIA) for the water and sewer lines for the new recreation center to be built on James Road. The PIA has been long delayed, with both sides blaming the other. Now that the county has the signed PIA, vertical construction should begin soon, after the weather improves.
- Join others for senior lunch in Lipan March 2, 2015
Senior citizens are invited to enjoy lunch provided by the Senior Center on Thursdays at the Lipan Community Center. Call Sue Langley, 817-253-4495, by Tuesday so that she can order enough meals. Come early and play bingo, then stay later for card games and dominoes. Meals are served at noon.
- Arrowhead Shores man faces tampering with evidence charge March 2, 2015
Randy Lee Jones, of the 5900 block of Arrowhead Shores, Granbury, was arrested on Feb. 20 and charged with felony tampering/fabricating physical evidence with intent to impair, according to Hood County Jail booking records.
- Chick-fil-A fund raiser set for family in need March 1, 2015
A fundraiser will be held at Chick-fil-A from 5 to 7 p.m. Tuesday (March 3) for the Davis family. Melissa Davis was incapacitated last July after suffering a brain aneurism while at work. Her husband, Lonnie, who once worked in law enforcement, also has health issues and is on disability. The couple is trying to move to Utah with their 13-year-old daughter, Brianna, so that they can live with Melissa’s parents. According to organizer Lori Vale, Chick-fil-A will give to the family a portion of the proceeds from food sales during the fund raiser.
- Old Granbury Estates man faces felony DWI March 1, 2015
John Michael Browning, 35, of the 200 block of Dean Court in Old Granbury Estates, Granbury, was arrested on Feb. 24 and charged with felony driving while intoxicated, third or more, according to Hood County Jail booking records.
- Free-standing DMO on Tuesday night’s Council agenda February 28, 2015
At the request of council member Rose Myers, the Granbury City Council, at its regular meeting Tuesday (March 3), will consider converting the city’s Tourism Department to a separate, independent destination marketing organization – a move that the city manager has warned could be financially unwise. As part of the same agenda item, the council will consider creating a four-member committee to lead the transition. Some on the council appear to support the initiative. In light of Myers’ efforts to eliminate the city department, one of the city’s three marketing and management employees in the Tourism Department has given her notice, and will soon leave the city’s employment.
- Boys win, girls lose in district soccer matches in Cleburne
- NCTA girls, boys advance to TAPPS regional final
- Lady Pirates gain basketball all-district honors
- Varsity soccer teams play at Cleburne Monday – finally
- Lipan to play state semifinal game at 8:30 a.m. Thursday