- Truck takes out power
A recent Mambrino Highway accident resulted in a power outage to about 600 homes for several hours. Pecan Plantation Fire Chief Dave Raffa said the driver of the pickup was treated and released at the scene. Nancy Pricer/Hood County News
- Acton Boys & Girls Club open house Monday afternoon January 25, 2015
Youngsters in the Acton area will enjoy a closer Boys & Girls Club. Open house at the former STARS facility near Acton Elementary School starts Monday afternoon from 2:30 to 5.
- UT instructor to talk about nature photography January 25, 2015
Photo buffs will enjoy a talk Saturday by award-winning photographer Brian Loflin who will discuss photographing Texas nature. Loflin is a University of Texas photography instructor. He will speak starting at 10 a.m. at Shanley House. The public is invited.
- Springtime in January January 25, 2015
Hood Countians will get an early feel of spring this week when temperatures will be in the 70s through Wednesday, according to forecasts. A cold front is expected to blow through Thursday, dropping the high temps to the 60s on Thursday and 50s on Friday.
- Our Savior display shows 3,000 crosses January 25, 2015
A Sanctity of Life observance is presented by Our Savior Lutheran Church, 1400 N. Meadows Drive, Granbury for the next few weeks. More than 3,000 small crosses will be displayed on the church’s lawn as a memorial to the lives lost by abortion every day. The church has displayed this memorial for the past several years.
- City Manager: Airport land negotiations progressing January 24, 2015
Granbury City Manager Wayne McKethan said that progress is being made on negotiations for land needed for the planned expansion of Granbury Municipal Airport. McKethan is unable to share many details because discussions with the City Council about the negotiations take place in closed sessions that are not open to the public. The expansion will be funded largely through grants, though there is a match required from the city. Ultimately, corporate jets will be able to land and take off there, boosting economic development, according to city officials.
- Opera House welcomes ‘The Odd Couple’ starting Friday, Jan. 30 January 24, 2015
Granbury Theatre Company will begin its 2015 season this Friday, Jan. 30, with “The Odd Couple,” a comedy by Neil Simon. Shows will be at the Granbury Opera House on Friday and Saturday nights at 7:30 p.m., Saturday afternoons at 3:30, and Sunday afternoons at 2. The final performance will be March 1. For more information go to www.granburytheatrecompany.org or call 817-579-0952.
- Bridge Club honors top players January 24, 2015
The Granbury Bridge Club recently recognized the 2014 Masterpoint Champion Rita Prince, who earned the most Masterpoints per games played the during the previous year. In addition, the Granbury Bridge Club dedicated “The Etta Moore Memorial Plaque.” Moore scored the most Masterpoints in each of the preceding five years at the Granbury Bridge Cub.
- Fort Worth man facing felony drug charge January 24, 2015
Robert Ray Blevins Jr., 71, of Fort Worth, was arrested on Jan. 20 and charged with felony possession of a controlled substance, Penalty Group 1, less than 1 gram, according to Hood County jail booking records.
- CCA boys drub Community Christian, 103-44
- Lipan girls, boys sweep past Gordon
- Tolar girls nip Goldthwaite; Rattlers defeated
- Pirates triumph in double OT; Lady Pirates outscored
- GHS 9th grade boys basketball games changed for Saturday