- Community Thanksgiving
Here’s your chance to connect with the community and help those among us in need. Offerings from Sunday’s Community Thanksgiving Service at Acton United Methodist Church will be given to People Helping People. Mary Vinson/Hood County News
- Countdown to Thanksgiving November 21, 2014
Thanksgiving is next week. City and county offices will be closed Thursday and Friday, Nov. 28 and 29, to celebrate the holiday.
- Follow live updates from Cornerstone-Azle Christian state final November 21, 2014
If you’re not going to the Texas Christian Athletic Federation Div. II six-man football state championship game today between Granbury Cornerstone Christian Academy (6-6) and Azle Christian (11-0) can click here to follow live updates during the game starting with the 5 p.m. kickoff.
- Conaway supports suing Obama November 21, 2014
Congressman Mike Conaway (R-Midland) said he supports Gov.-Elect Greg Abbott’s plan to sue President Obama on his executive order offering amnesty for illegal immigrants. “After the election, President Obama said he wanted to work with Republicans to do what is in the country’s best interest,” said Conaway, whose district includes Hood County. “With his decision to act unilaterally on amnesty for illegal immigrants, he is picking a fight with my fellow Republicans and me and pushing a policy that is not in America’s best interest. If the American public had wanted him to do this, they would have voted differently earlier this month.”
- Rancho Brazos woman charged with two felonies November 21, 2014
Sharon Kay Fowler, 43, of the 3800 block of Canyon Road, Rancho Brazos, was arrested on Nov. 16 and charged with two felonies – aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and possession of a controlled substance, Penalty Group 1, less than 1 gram, according to Hood County Jail booking records.
- Listen to contemporary Christian concert Sunday November 21, 2014
The Church on Thistle Ridge in Granbury is hosting what is being called a “Holy Ground Concert” of contemporary Christian music on Sunday, Nov. 23 at 6 p.m. in its facility at 4900 Sonterra Court. Featured vocalists are Granbury artists Tamatha Hurst, Jennifer Gainer and Jesse Overton, all of whom sing for the “Holy Ground” radio broadcast on Saturday and Sunday mornings.
- Land acquisitions delaying airport expansion November 21, 2014
Legal wrangling over land acquisitions for expansion of the Granbury airport could take another year, if not longer, according to city officials. City Manager Wayne McKethan said that one piece of property was recently appraised at $548,000, but the owners are demanding $2.8 million.
- Sarah Harvey continues professional education November 21, 2014
Sarah Harvey, of the Boys & Girls Club of Hood County, recently completed The Spillett Leadership University School of Management Foundation Level. Starting her career with the Boys & Girls Club in August 2011, Harvey has held various roles with the organization and is currently the Club’s Director of Organizational Development.
- Classes dismiss Friday for Thanksgiving November 20, 2014
Granbury and Tolar classes dismiss Friday for a full week of Thanksgiving holidays. Lipan classes will be out Wednesday through Friday of next week.
- Tolar plays Boles tonight in 2A area football playoff
- Cornerstone state championship football game is today
- Pirates set for home opener; Lady Pirates on road
- Lady Indians win again, advance to t title game in Hamilton tournament
- Lady Rattlers’ game Saturday canceled by Boyd