- All aboard!
The hay ride at Cresson Fall Festival was one of many fun-filled attractions at the at the Historic Cresson School. The grand reopening of the Cresson Heritage Museum highlighted Saturday’s event. Mary Vinson/Hood County News
- Car tag office closed Oct. 30 October 26, 2014
The Hood County Tax Assessor’s offices in Acton and at Annex 1 on West Pearl Street will be closed Thursday, Oct. 30, for training.
- Granbury man charged with felony drug offense October 26, 2014
Clint Daniels Dunlap, 32, of the 500 block of Skyline Drive, Granbury, was arrested on Oct. 17 and charged with felony possession of a controlled substance, Penalty Group 1, less than 1 gram, according to Hood County Jail booking records.
- Granbury man facing felony drug charge October 26, 2014
Dustin Keith Dickerson, 43, of the 200 block of Temple Hall Highway, Granbury, was arrested on Oct. 19 and charged with felony possession of a controlled substance, Penalty Group 1, less than 1 gram, according to Hood County Jail booking records.
- GranScary tonight at reunion grounds October 25, 2014
Be ready to be scared out of your wits. It’s the first GranScary haunted house that starts this weekend at the Granbury Reunion Grounds. Tonight’s event, including a DJ, dancing and race car simulators, is from 6 to midnight. It’s geared for middle schoolers to college students.
- Our Savior hosting fall festival Saturday October 25, 2014
The fall festival at Our Savior Lutheran Church, 1400 N. Meadows Drive, is Saturday, Oct. 25 from 5-7 p.m. Includes carnival games, hay rides, costume parade, cookie decorating, hot dogs and popcorn.
- New company in a caring role October 25, 2014
Charis Hospice, 2001 Fall Creek Highway, was recently licensed through the nonprofit Department of Aging and Disabilities Services. Dale Pierce, Natalie Jefferson and Gina Forrest are owners of Charis Hospice LLC. “The company is working for a role in the ever-growing senior market in Hood and surrounding counties by providing loving care for families in a time of need,” said Jefferson.
- Special sale today for woodworker with ALS October 25, 2014
Woodworker Kevin Pritt, owner of Republic Log Homes at 3317 Glen Rose Highway, is holding a special sale today (Saturday, Oct. 25) in hopes of clearing his inventory so that he can move to his niece’s home in Colorado. Pritt has ALS, otherwise known as Lou Gehrig’s disease. Pritt’s store will be open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Tolar grabs win; Pirates, Crusaders, Pioneers fall October 25, 2014
This week’s area football rondup: On Friday, Tolar defeated Goldthwaite in a key District 7-2A, Div. I contest, 39-26; Granbury was edged out by Burleson Centennial, 33-31; and Cornerstone Christian Academy lost to Jonesboro in a six-man TCAF contest. On Thursday, North Central Texas Academy lost an 89-65 decision to Fort Worth Covenant Classical in TAPPS six-man play.
- Lady Pirates top Centennial for fifth straight win
- Tolar rolls in second half to down Goldthwaite, 39-26
- GHS girls advance to cross country regional meet again
- Cornerstone in Jonesboro tonight for nondistrict game
- NCTA Pioneers fall to Covenant Classical