- Tolar to face district foe
Tolar’s Dalton Shaw (4) and the Rattlers (6-2) will travel to district foe San Saba (2-6) Friday night for a 7:30 p.m. kickoff. Noah Enlow photo.
- Trunk R Treat at City Park Friday October 30, 2014
Fun, games and candy for children and families is planned from 5:30 – 7 p.m. Friday, Oct. 31 during the Trunk R Treat at Granbury City Park, 1218 W. Pearl St. The event is sponsored by Acton United Methodist Church.
- Have fun and be safe at StoneWater party October 30, 2014
Looking for a fun and safe atmosphere? StoneWater Church will feature Champ the mascot from the Dallas Mavericks, bounce houses, games, prizes, photo booth and fun for all ages Friday, Oct. 31 from 6-8 p.m. at 911 E. Highway 377.
- Trick or Treat on the square Friday October 30, 2014
Costumed children are invited to trick or treat at participating merchants on the Granbury square. The annual tradition is from 3-5 p.m. Friday, Oct. 31.
- Day of the Dead concert event to help animals October 29, 2014
Day of the Dead, a live music experience Saturday, Nov. 1 is sponsored by Gypsy Tramps to benefit the nonprofit Second Chance Farm. The benefit takes place at Granbury Resort Conference Center, 621 E. Pearl St., and begins with dinner at 6 p.m. Texas Flood band presents a tribute to Jimi Hendrix at 7 p.m. and tribute to Stevie Ray Vaughn at 9 p.m. Tickets are $75 and available at https://gypsytramps.eventbrite.com.
- Weather forecast a treat for Halloween October 29, 2014
No burning up in those Cowardly Lion costumes. Halloween evening’s forecast looks ideal – temperatures in the 60s early evening before dropping into the 50s.
- The show went on at GHS October 29, 2014
They didn’t mean literally “break a leg.” But that’s about what happened with the musical “Pippin” at Granbury High School. Pirate tackle Mason Jones, also in the musical, suffered a severe sprain during the game Friday. Cast member Grace Arnold filled in nicely Saturday after the two students collaborated on line delivery and character. Jones returned with his ankle wrapped for the Sunday matinee. He performed through most of the show. “He’s a heck of a kid,” theater director Krista Alcorn Holman said. “The way he supported Grace was amazing. To be able to look beyond himself for the good of the show and allow a peer to take over his role was really mature.”
- Tea Party to honor veterans October 29, 2014
Veterans will be honored at the next meeting of the Hood County Tea Party. It will be at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 13, at American Town Hall next the library on Travis Street. Veterans who have been guests on an honor flight are scheduled to be present. Nonprofit organizations organize honor flights at no cost to veterans so that they can visit memorials of the war or wars in which they fought.
- Granbury man arrested for felony drug possession October 29, 2014
Christopher Daniel Lane, 39, of the 4400 block of Carter Court, Granbury, was arrested on Oct. 15 for felony possession of a controlled substance, Penalty Group 1, less than 1 gram, according to Hood County Jail booking records.
- Lady Pirates close regular season with win, set for playoffs
- GHS set for team tennis regional tournament Friday
- Bidistrict playoff time, site set for Lady Pirates
- Lady Pirates top Centennial for fifth straight win
- Tolar rolls in second half to down Goldthwaite, 39-26