- Love for Lunch
- GVFD mourns loss of captain April 29, 2016
On Friday, Station 2 of the Granbury Volunteer Fire Department reported the passing of Captain Conny Donathan, a member of the Hood County Volunteer Rescue Unit who served as a rescue captain for more than 35 years. No details were given regarding the death. Last year, Donathan was presented with the Hometown Hero Award, according to the message posted on the GVFD Facebook page.
- Pet adoption day set for Saturday April 29, 2016
Hood County Animal Control is staging a pet adoption day from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. on Saturday, April 30 at Petsense Granbury, 1417 S. Morgan St.
- In Saturday’s Hood County News April 29, 2016
–Tommy George Dooley was found guilty and sentenced to life in prison for shooting to death his wife LaVera Aiken Dooley.
–Appliances in three homes were allegedly damaged after the city of Granbury installed the wrong transformer.
–A former residential showplace appears headed for a teardown.
–Expect a jump in the value of your property if you get an appraisal notice in the mail Monday.
–The seventh annual Granbury Wine Walk wraps up Saturday on the historic square.
- Newcomers Club installing new officers April 29, 2016
Officers will be installed at the Lake Granbury Newcomers Club luncheon meeting Thursday, May 5 at deCordova Clubhouse. Meeting is from 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Reservations are due Monday by email to [email protected] or by calling reservation line phone number, 817-243-9831.
- Don’t trash your septic system April 29, 2016
What you put into your septic system greatly affects its ability to do its job. As a general rule of thumb, do not dispose of anything in your septic system that can just as easily be put in the trash. Your system is not designed to be a garbage can.
- Clean-up planned for eyesore house? April 28, 2016
A commercial dumpster has appeared at 300 Tahiti Dr. by the lake bridge, indicating that perhaps a clean-up of the eyesore canal property may soon be in the works. The house, which was once a showplace on a canal, has been in a state of deterioration for several years. In five years’ time, its value fell by almost $100,000.
- Granbury Wine Walk is Friday and Saturday April 28, 2016
The seventh annual Granbury Wine Walk takes place from 2-8 p.m.Friday and 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Saturday on and near the square. Wine tastings, live music and wine-related vendors are included in the fun.Tickets are $30 and can be purchased at www.granburywinewalk.com or at the event.
- Building permits include a retailer, eatery and dialysis clinic April 28, 2016
Granbury issued 19 building permits for the month of February totaling $1.6 million. Two commercial permits include Rue 21 and Firehouse Subs. In March, the city had 23 building permits totaling $3.6 million. A commercial construction permit was issued for the Dialysis Clinic.
- Start of tonight’s Crowley-Granbury baseball moved to 8
- Backus signs to play soccer at Paul Quinn College
- Granbury’s Jackson competes in regional high jump
- Three Tolar track athletes qualify for state so far
- Tolar falls to Lindsay in bi-district softball playoff