- Cruisin’ Granbury
- NWS: Flash flood warning in effect until 2 a.m. May 26, 2015
Hood County is under a flash flood warning until 2 a.m. Wednesday (May 27), according to the National Weather Service.
- Thunderstorm watch through 5 a.m.; flash flooding possible May 26, 2015
The National Weather Service has placed Hood County under a severe thunderstorm watch until 5 a.m. on Wednesday, May 27. Use caution if you have to get out on the roadways because continued locally heavy rainfall can bring on flash flooding.
- Chili cookoff to benefit Indian Harbor and Pecan Plantation V.F.D. May 26, 2015
Canyon Creek will host a chili cookoff Saturday, June 6 to benefit the volunteer fire departments from Indian Harbor and Pecan Plantation. In addition to the chili division, there will also be categories for ribs and brisket. Other activities include a bounce house, silent auction, and door prizes. For more information visit canyoncreekpoa.com or call Stephanie at 817-573-3371.
- After years, stock tanks finally full May 26, 2015
Stock tanks are full, and ranchers are smiling. “The rain has been a true blessing for the farmers and ranchers,” County Agent Marty Vahlenkamp said. “For the first time in many years stock tanks are full, and we have moisture in the soil heading into summer. That being said farmers are facing an issue of being able to get crops harvested. Wheat and the first cutting of hay being the main ones.”
- RR crossing arms up near school May 26, 2015
Railroad crossing arms have been installed on Rock Church Highway near Tolar High School.
- Encore presentation of epic feud Thursday May 25, 2015
The historic tale of the Mitchell-Truit family feud will be shared in a free encore presentation Thursday at 6:30 p.m. in Granbury Live. A reception follows. Nelson “Cooney” Mitchell was executed for murder in 1875, Hood County’s only legal hanging.
- Parkinson’s disease support group hosts attorney May 25, 2015
The Parkinson’s disease support group will host attorney Paul Hyde Tuesday, 1 p.m., at the Senior Circle, 1321 Water’s Edge Drive. Hyde will discuss long-term financial and health options. Call 817-579-2979 for information.
- Granbury High graduation Thursday May 25, 2015
Granbury High School seniors will graduate Thursday, but school won’t end until next week. Graduation starts at 7 p.m. in the Fort Worth Convention Center. Monday is the last day of school for GISD students.
- NCTA wins Henderson Cup
- Area fishing report
- Pitch, Hit & Run winners
- Hutto named all-star
- Recapping Tolar at state track