- Gore fest coming to Granbury
Final preparation are being made for GranScary Friday and Saturday nights, Oct. 24-25 and Oct. 31 – Nov. 1 at the Hood County Reunion Grounds. GranScary (and scary it will be) is a Halloween event geared toward young people from middle school to college age. Mary Vinson/Hood County News
- Granbury tied at end of first quarter October 24, 2014
At the end of the first quarter, Granbury and Burleson Centennial are tied at 14.
- Follow tonight’s Granbury football action with live updates October 24, 2014
Anyone who can’t make it to tonight’s District 8-5A football game at Pirate Stadium in Granbury featuring the Granbury Pirates hosting the Burleson Centennial Spartans can click here to read live updates during the game, starting with the 7:30 p.m. kickoff.
- Gallery premier draws crowd October 24, 2014
The Thursday night (Oct. 23) gallery premier of “The Story of a Feud” drew such a crowd that there was not enough seating in the Langdon Center Concert Hall. Those for whom seating was unavailable were directed to the nearby Bridge Street History Center, where the same video presentation was shown. The History Center also has on display items related to the infamous Mitchell-Truit feud that resulted in Hood County’s only court-sanctioned hanging.
- Gallery Night here Saturday, Oct. 25 October 24, 2014
The Last Saturday Gallery Night celebration is from 5-8 p.m. at the Langdon Center and the Galleries of Granbury on Saturday, Oct. 25. Artefactz, Your Private Collection Art Gallery and Lake Granbury Art Association at the Shanley House will be open late so join the fun for great art, snacks and browsing around the downtown square.
- Rally for the Cure October 24, 2014
The Pecan Ladies Golf Association had its Rally for the Cure tournament earlier this month. More than 103 ladies donated, and the collected amount was $2,100, all going to breast cancer research.
- Bow Wow Trick or Treat benefits animals October 24, 2014
Ir’s fit for man or beast. The sixth annual Bow Wow Trick or Treat is at Shanley Park from noon to 4 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 25. There is a $5 registration fee for dogs. Trick or treat stations for dogs in costume and their owners, costume contests, pet psychic, pet photographer, pet aura photographer, music, food, raffles, games, pet adoptions, and more. Proceeds benefit Hood County Animal Lovers Organization (HALO) and Second Chance Farm.
- GranScary kicks off Friday, Oct. 24 October 24, 2014
The first GranScary, a Halloween fundraiser benefiting Hood County Christmas for Children, gets started tonight (Friday, Oct. 24) at 7 p.m. The event will be two consecutive weekends -Oct. 24-25 and Oct. 31-Nov. 1 – at the Hood County Reunion Grounds, 641 Reunion Court. Tickets are $20. The event is for young people middle school through college age. It is not for families with young children. For event details, see Saturday’s issue of the Hood County News, which will be in news stands on Friday evening.
- River Run man charged with vehicle theft October 24, 2014
Thomas Randall Rowan, 53, of the 8100 block of Fawn Circle in River Run, Granbury, was arrested on Oct. 9 and charged with felony unauthorized use of a vehicle, according to Hood County Jail booking records.
- GHS girls advance to cross country regional meet again
- Lady Pirates home tonight taking on Centennial
- Pirates home tonight in search of second football win
- Tolar looking to rebound from loss tonight at home
- Cornerstone in Jonesboro tonight for nondistrict game