- Farewell performance
The Granbury High School Stowaways drill team delighted fans with their final performance of the season between varsity basketball games Friday night at the James Wann Sports Center. Mary Vinson/Hood County News
- TAB taps Hedges January 27, 2015
At its meeting at Granbury City Hall Tuesday afternoon, the Tourism Advisory Board voted for Diane Hedges to be its new chairperson. Hedges replaces Warren Ketteman, who resigned as director of the Economic Development Corporation to take a similar job in another town.
- Commissioners approve Texas Independence Day celebration January 27, 2015
County Commissioners have given permission for the parking lot at the courthouse on the square to be closed for the Texas Independence Day Celebration event on Saturday, Feb. 28, and Sunday, March 1. The parking lot will close for set-up at 5 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 27. On Feb. 17, county maintenance workers will provide help posting Texas flags around the square in preparation for the celebration.
- Granbury man faces felony drug charge January 27, 2015
Jeffrey Clayton Nelson, 44, of the 100 block of West Rucker Street, Granbury, was arrested on Jan. 15 and charged with felony manufacture/delivery of a controlled substance, Penalty Group 1, more than 1 gram/less than 4 grams, according to Hood County Jail booking records.
- Dunkin Donuts construction leads building permits January 27, 2015
Coming in at $1 million, Dunkin Donuts tops the list of building permits issued in Granbury during the month of December. With 18 permits, the total value was $3,059,877.
- Montego Bay man charged with felony drug offense January 27, 2015
Jimmy Joe McGlothlin, 48, of the 4500 block of Christy Drive in Montego Bay, Granbury, was arrested on Jan. 19 and charged with felony possession of a controlled substance, Penalty Group 1, less than 1 gram, according to Hood County Jail booking records.
- Birdwell files legislation to allow handguns at college January 26, 2015
Sen. Brian Birdwell (R-Granbury) has filed legislation to allow students and staff with a concealed handgun license to carry firearms on college campuses. “The affirmation of these citizens’ rights to self-defense is long overdue,” Birdwell said.
- OTS woman facing felony drug charge January 26, 2015
Mary Ann Guia, 45, of the 3600 block of Brook Valley Street in Oak Trail Shores, Granbury, was arrested on Jan. 17 and charged with felony possession of a controlled substance, Penalty Group 1, less than 1 gram, according to Hood County jail booking records.
- ‘Great to be Granbury’ is program for Breakfast Club January 26, 2015
CEO Mike Scott of the Granbury Chamber of Commerce and Lee Overstreet of the Granbury Association of Realtors will present “Great to be Granbury” at Wednesday morning’s Breakfast Club in Pecan Plantation. The local economy and growth in the area will be covered. The breakfast and program start at 8 a.m.
- Soccer teams starting district play vs. Burleson High
- Lady Pirates, Pirates at home tonight vs. Burleson High
- Tolar basketball squads play tonight at Hico
- Lipan on road tonight vs. district rival Strawn
- NCTA girls, boys sweep pair from Victory Life