- Communication is the key
- New location found for driver’s license office? September 2, 2015
Tolar Mayor Terry Johnson told the Hood County News that city officials have offered the old City Hall at 105 Pine Lane to Department of Public Safety officials as a location for a driver’s license office. The driver’s license office currently is at Annex III, but will soon have to vacate because of renovations.…
- Community Pantry offering food distribution Friday September 2, 2015
The Monthly Community Pantry will be at the Granbury First United Methodist Church (FUMC) distribution site Friday, Sept. 4, from 8:30 – 10:30 a.m. Fresh food through the Tarrant Area Food Bank is distributed on the first Friday each month at Granbury FUMC, 301 Loop 567.…
- New Texas laws are in effect as of today September 1, 2015
Almost 700 new state laws took effect today (Tuesday, Sept. 1) in Texas, enacted by the 84th Legislature. Bill topics can be searched for online (www.capitol.state.tx.us). The new laws, to name just a few, include a ban on selling e-cigarettes to minors, decriminalization of school truancy for students; allowing law enforcement agencies to apply for grants to buy body cameras; and legalization of LED running lights for safety on motorcycles.…
- Sheriff: Arlington man arrested on gun possession warrant September 1, 2015
Claude Richard Hardin, 47, of Arlington, was arrested Aug. 28 during a traffic stop on Lipan Highway by Sheriff’s Office deputies on a felon in possession of a firearm warrant, Lieutenant Johnny Rose said.…
- HGMA bringing back Carnival Americana September 1, 2015
The Historic Granbury Merchants Association (HGMA) is bringing back the carnival that drew crowds last year. This year, Carnival Americana will be setting up on the Reunion Grounds at 641 Reunion Court. The carnival will be in town from Sept. 25 through Oct.4. It will be open starting at 5 p.m.…
- Laguna Vista residents air water complaints September 1, 2015
General Manager Ike Thomas, of Laguna Vista Water, was on the hot seat Tuesday night as more than 200 people packed the pews at Fairview Baptist Church for a meeting on water issues. Customers questioned water storage, boil water notices, water outages and stage 4 restrictions. Thomas and officials with Texas Rain promised better communication with customers as improvements are put in place.…
- In Wednesday’s Hood County News September 1, 2015
–The fate of the driver’s license office at Annex III is still up in the air.
–The county has enlisted an architect for remodeling Annex III.
–Granbury High School football parking Friday night presented a challenge because of ongoing construction.
–A Stephenville man is accused in a hammer attack.
–Youngsters enjoy the Hood County Library’s interactive SMART Table.…
- Bike ride will benefit garden circle September 1, 2015
Early registration for the Pedal for Petals bike ride on Sept. 19 closes on Sept. 12. The Pecan Plantation ride is a benefit for the garden circle. To register visit www.greenthumbinpecan.org or contact Linda Reade at 817-578-7199.…
- Lady Pirates fall at rival in volleyball
- Glen Rose tops visiting Tolar
- GHS tennis wins again on road in district match
- Private school volleyball
- Dove hunting season opens Tuesday