- Fugitive in custody
Kristun Madewell, 40, wanted in connection with a murder on Dec. 12 in south Fort Worth has been apprehended. On Wednesday Madewell fled after abandoning this pickup near Cresson. Following a manhunt, authorities caught up with Madewell Friday west of Crowley. Mary Vinson/Hood County News
- Quail Ridge man faces felony DWI charge December 22, 2014
Mark Stephen Riley, 58, of the 900 block of Meadowlark Circle, Quail Ridge, was arrested on Dec. 10 and charged with felony driving while intoxicated, third or more, according to Hood County Jail booking records.
- Speech students earn state bid December 21, 2014
Three Granbury High School students earned bids to the Texas Forensic Association state tournament during the Abilene Swing speech and debate tournament. Lauren Berry, Jaci Cavitt and Daniel Shelton earned points to qualify for the TFA state tournament this spring.
- Whippoorwill Bay man faces felony drug charge December 21, 2014
Clint Daniels Dunlap, 32, of the 400 block of Blue Jay Court, Whippoorwill Bay, was arrested on Dec. 16 and charge with felony possession of a controlled substance, Penalty Group 1, less than 1 gram, according to Hood County Jail booking records.
- Keffer optimistic for future December 21, 2014
Even with gas prices dropping, Rep. Jim Keffer (R-Eastland) told members of the Granbury Chamber of Commerce that Texas is in good shape. Keffer spoke Thursday at the chamber’s recent monthly luncheon at Granbury Resort Conference Center. Of the decreasing price for oil, Keffer said “The Saudis are making sure everyone knows they are the big dog.” He added that the lower price for gasoline could lead people to spend more on retail.
- Lakeside Hills woman charged with felony drug offense December 21, 2014
Vickie Elaine Cooper, 46, of the 6000 block of Collins Court in Lakeside Hills, was arrested on Dec. 16 and charged with felony fraudulent possession of a controlled substance/prescription, schedule I/II, according to Hood County Jail booking records.
- Birdwell now in different office at the Capitol December 20, 2014
The 84th Legislative session will soon begin, and state Sen. Brian Birdwell (R-Granbury) and his staff will be in a different office – E1.706. The office better meets the needs of his staff, he said in a “Pre-Session Capitol Update” sent via email. The office in the same part of the Capitol as his former office – in fact, it’s even in the same hallway, he noted. According to the newsletter, the mailing addresses and phone numbers for Birdwell and his staff will remain the same.
- Granbury man charged with felony theft December 20, 2014
Brandon Neil Cobbs, 23, of the 1400 block of Lauren Lane, Granbury, was arrested on Dec. 16 and charged with felony theft of property less than $1,500, two or more previous convictions, enhanced, according to Hood County Jail booking records.
- Booth recognized for dedicated service December 20, 2014
Mary Booth, general manager/membership director, was recognized for 10 years of service with the Granbury Chamber of Commerce at the recent monthly luncheon. Sean Mitchell entertained at the luncheon. Chamber members were reminded of the annual awards banquet coming up in February.
- GHS boys top Burleson; girls lose
- Lipan girls win, boys lose in Petrolia
- CCA boys win, girls fall against St. Paul Academy
- Tolar girls win second district game; boys top Rio Vista
- Cornerstone teams fall to Azle Christian boys, girls