- Dominant victory
The Lipan Lady Indians ran away with a 57-43 victory over Saltillo Saturday night in the regional semifinal. It’s back to Mansfield High Sunday for the Region III-A championship game. Mary Vinson/Hood County News.
- Old Granbury Estates man faces felony DWI March 1, 2015
John Michael Browning, 35, of the 200 block of Dean Court in Old Granbury Estates, Granbury, was arrested on Feb. 24 and charged with felony driving while intoxicated, third or more, according to Hood County Jail booking records.
- Lipan rolls to regional title game February 28, 2015
Girls Basketball Regional Semifinal: Lipan 57, Saltillo 34 (final). Lipan plays for regional title Sunday 1 p.m. at Mansfield High School against Strawn or Dodd City. Sunday’s winner punches ticket to state next week in San Antonio.
- Lipan blitzing Saltillo 38-10 at half February 28, 2015
Lipan takes commanding 38-10 halftime lead over Saltillo in Class A Girls Basketball Regional Semifinal in Mansfield. Winner plays Strawn or Dodd City for regional title Sunday 1 p.m. at Mansfield High School.
- Icy roads turn wet Saturday afternoon February 28, 2015
Icy roads turned wet Saturday afternoon when temperatures started to warm slightly. Lipan girls basketball coach Amber Branson reported only wet roads on the trip to Mansfield for Saturday evening’s playoff. Periods of light freezing drizzle may occur Saturday night, turning to rain Sunday when temperatures climb into the 40s.
- Free-standing DMO on Tuesday night’s Council agenda February 28, 2015
At the request of council member Rose Myers, the Granbury City Council, at its regular meeting Tuesday (March 3), will consider converting the city’s Tourism Department to a separate, independent destination marketing organization – a move that the city manager has warned could be financially unwise. As part of the same agenda item, the council will consider creating a four-member committee to lead the transition. Some on the council appear to support the initiative. In light of Myers’ efforts to eliminate the city department, one of the city’s three marketing and management employees in the Tourism Department has given her notice, and will soon leave the city’s employment.
- Big parade with riding groups for Texas celebration moving to March 21 February 28, 2015
Don’t rain on my parade! With a forecast of cold, wet weather, the Texas Independence celebration is moving to March 21-21. Riding groups, historic actors, children’s groups and others will be featured in the parade at 11 a.m. on the square. Activities on the square spill over to Langdon Center and City Beach March 21-22, in conjunction with General Granbury’s birthday party.
- Bulls on the Beach planned March 21 February 28, 2015
Bull riding on the beach returns for a second year during the Texas Independence festival. The festival has been changed to March 21-22 due to bad weather forecasts for this weekend. Bull riding takes place at the temporary riding arena at City Beach from 4:30 – 6:30 p.m. Saturday, March 21. A calf scramble for kids is also planned during that time. Mutton bustin’ on the beach is set for 1 p.m. March 21.
- Fort Worth man faces felony theft charge February 28, 2015
Yaritza Baca, 21, of Fort Worth, was arrested on Feb. 24 and charged with felony theft more than $1,500/less than $20,000, according to Hood County Jail booking records.
- NCTA’s TAPPS regional semifinals now set for Monday
- Start of regional for Lipan is moved to Saturday
- NCTA basketball teams in TAPPS regional tourney Friday
- Parents of GHS track participants to meet with coaches Monday
- GHS soccer teams split matchups in Everman Wednesday