- Farewell performance
The Granbury High School Stowaways drill team delighted fans with their final performance of the season between varsity basketball games Friday night at the James Wann Sports Center. Mary Vinson/Hood County News
- Granbury man faces felony drug charge January 27, 2015
Jeffrey Clayton Nelson, 44, of the 100 block of West Rucker Street, Granbury, was arrested on Jan. 15 and charged with felony manufacture/delivery of a controlled substance, Penalty Group 1, more than 1 gram/less than 4 grams, according to Hood County Jail booking records.
- Chamber awards banquet is Feb. 6 January 27, 2015
The Granbury Chamber of Commerce Best of Business Awards Banquet will be Feb. 6 at Pecan Plantation Country Club. The banquet begins with a social hour at 6 p.m. followed by dinner at 7 p.m. Tickets are $75 per person. To reserve tickets, contact Marketing and Events Director Sondra Walton at 817-573-1622.
- Parents of fifth-graders to gather Tuesday January 27, 2015
Acton Middle School and Granbury Middle School will host meetings for parents of Granbury fifth-graders on Tuesday, Jan. 27. The meetings will be held at 6 p.m. in the cafeterias of the two schools. The students will be attending sixth grade at the middle schools during the 2015-16 school year. The meetings will cover several topics, including course selections and electives.
- Dunkin Donuts construction leads building permits January 27, 2015
Coming in at $1 million, Dunkin Donuts tops the list of building permits issued in Granbury during the month of December. With 18 permits, the total value was $3,059,877.
- Montego Bay man charged with felony drug offense January 27, 2015
Jimmy Joe McGlothlin, 48, of the 4500 block of Christy Drive in Montego Bay, Granbury, was arrested on Jan. 19 and charged with felony possession of a controlled substance, Penalty Group 1, less than 1 gram, according to Hood County Jail booking records.
- Birdwell files legislation to allow handguns at college January 26, 2015
Sen. Brian Birdwell (R-Granbury) has filed legislation to allow students and staff with a concealed handgun license to carry firearms on college campuses. “The affirmation of these citizens’ rights to self-defense is long overdue,” Birdwell said.
- OTS woman facing felony drug charge January 26, 2015
Mary Ann Guia, 45, of the 3600 block of Brook Valley Street in Oak Trail Shores, Granbury, was arrested on Jan. 17 and charged with felony possession of a controlled substance, Penalty Group 1, less than 1 gram, according to Hood County jail booking records.
- ‘Great to be Granbury’ is program for Breakfast Club January 26, 2015
CEO Mike Scott of the Granbury Chamber of Commerce and Lee Overstreet of the Granbury Association of Realtors will present “Great to be Granbury” at Wednesday morning’s Breakfast Club in Pecan Plantation. The local economy and growth in the area will be covered. The breakfast and program start at 8 a.m.
- Soccer teams starting district play vs. Burleson High
- Lady Pirates, Pirates at home tonight vs. Burleson High
- Tolar basketball squads play tonight at Hico
- Lipan on road tonight vs. district rival Strawn
- NCTA girls, boys sweep pair from Victory Life