- GranScary if you dare
Though parents are advised to show caution with children through the haunted house, the final weekend for Gran-Scary at the Granbury Reunion Grounds will be open to all ages. On Friday (Halloween night), gates will open at 7 p.m. and 6 p.m. on Saturday. Mary Vinson/Hood County News
- Final weekend for GranScary October 31, 2014
It’s the final weekend for GranScary – a Halloween season event to raise money for Hood County Christmas for Children. Those who received an HCDeals email from the Hood County News offering half off the $20 ticket price can get the reduced price by simply showing gate workers the email on their cell phones. GranScary is at the Reunion Grounds, 641 Reunion Court. The gate opens at 7 p.m. Halloween night and 6 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 1. It ends at midnight both nights.
- Alvarado woman faces felony burglary and theft charges October 31, 2014
Lisa Nicole Cook, 23, of Alvarado, was arrested on Oct. 25 and charged with felony burglary of a habitation; theft greater than $1,500/less than $20,000, according to Hood County Jail booking records.
- Last day to vote early October 31, 2014
Friday (Oct. 31) is the final day to vote early for the Tuesday, Nov. 4, General Election. Polls at Annex 1, 1410 W. Pearl Street, opened at 7 a.m. and will remain open until 7 p.m. Elections Administrator Jenise “Crickett” Miller said she has been pleased at how well-prepared Hood County voters have been. Those casting ballots have shown up with identification that is now required by law “and we have just been able to process them right on through,” she stated.
- Trunk or Treat in Thorp Spring October 31, 2014
The annual Trunk or Treat at First Baptist Church Thorp Spring, 2815 Lipan Highway is free from 6 – 8 p.m. Friday, Oct. 31. Games, prizes, cake walk and lots of candy are planned.
- Brazos River Acres man charged with felony theft October 31, 2014
David Lee Cary, 52, of the 2600 block of Setting Sun Trail, Brazos River Acres, was arrested on Oct. 28 and charged with felony theft greater than $1,500/less than $20,000, according to Hood County Jail booking records.
- Stephenville woman faces felony drug charges October 30, 2014
Jan Elaine Arnold, 56, of Stephenville, was arrested on Oct. 27 and charged with felony possession of a controlled substance, less than 1 gram, according to Hood County Jail booking records.
- Car tag office closed Thursday, but open Saturday October 30, 2014
The Acton and West Pearl Street offices of the Hood County Tax Assessor-Collector are closed Thursday (Oct. 30) for staff training, but the West Pearl Street location will be open from 8 a.m. until noon on Saturday (Nov. 1).
- Early voting drawing to a close October 30, 2014
Friday (Oct. 31) is the final day for early voting for Tuesday’s General Election. Polls at Annex 1, 1410 W. Pearl St., will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. today (Thursday, Oct. 30) and Friday. Polls at 15 locations throughout the county will be open from 7 to 7 on Election Day, Nov. 4.
- Pirates fall to Grapevine in regional team tennis tournament
- Pirates take on state’s top powerhouse tonight in Aledo
- Tolar Rattlers to play tonight in San Saba, with eye on title
- Cornerstone, NCTA six-man squads play at home tonight
- Lady Pirates close regular season with win, set for playoffs