- Singing for Thanksgiving
The inspirational music of the Lake Granbury Mass Choir at Acton United Methodist Church delighted attendees of Sunday’s Communty Thanksgiving Service. Mary Vinson/Hood County News
- Pack a lunch November 26, 2014
It may be the holidays, but the Hood County Substance Abuse Council isn’t taking a break. On Wednesday, Dec. 3, members of the Council will be bringing their own lunch for a specially called noon meeting to create a new logic model for the HCSAC’s efforts to fight drug and alcohol issues within the community.
- Weatherford woman charged with two felony drug offenses November 26, 2014
Christine Nolan Williams, 52, of Weatherford, was arrested on Nov. 17 and charged with possession of a controlled substance, Penalty Group 1, greater than one gram/less than 4 grams (cocaine) and possession of a controlled substance, Penalty Group 1, less than 1 gram (methamphetamine), according to Hood County jail booking records.
- Community Thanksgiving dinner at Acton Baptist November 26, 2014
No plans for Thanksgiving? Acton Baptist Church will have a Community Thanksgiving Dinner from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 27. The church is at 3500 Fall Creek Highway. Call 817-326-4693 for information.
- Granbury man charged with felony tampering with evidence November 26, 2014
Gary Frank Ticer, 33, of the 5700 block of Randle Road, Granbury, was arrested on Nov. 14 and charged with felony tampering/fabricating physical evidence, according to Hood County Jail booking records.
- Weatherford man charged with felony drug offense November 25, 2014
Melvin Kym Austin, 52, of Weatherford, was arrested on Nov. 17 and charged with felony possession of a controlled substance, Penalty Group 1, less than 1 gram, according to Hood County Jail booking records.
- Toy application deadline nears at American Legion Post 491 November 25, 2014
Sons of the American Legion Post 491 will sponsor “Christmas Toys for Needy Children of Hood County.”Applications are available at the post, 3409 Davis Road, for children ages 15 and under. Boxes for new toy donations are also available at the post. The application deadline is Dec. 1. For more information call Renee’ Sheffield at 817-964-9663.
- Pecan man faces felony burglary November 25, 2014
Dustin Keith Mckelvy, 31, of the 5900 block of Dog Leg Court, Pecan Plantation, was arrested on Nov. 13 and charged with felony burglary of a building, according to Hood County Jail booking records.
- City gets good news on airport land dispute November 24, 2014
Three commissioners appointed by Court-at-Law Judge Vincent Messina to help reach out-of-court settlements on three parcels of land needed for the expansion of the airport have recommended a sale price of $661,200 for one of those parcels- a figure much closer to the recent appraised value of $548,000. The owner was demanding $2.8 million. The 33 acres of undeveloped land is north of the railroad tracks and is in the clear zone for takeoffs. City Manager Wayne McKethan said the owner has the right to appeal the commissioners’ decision. If that happens, the matter will be settled in court.
- Lipan boys slip to 1-1 with loss to Zephyr
- Lady Rattlers lose to Strawn, 77-40
- Pirates move to 3-0 with win over Abilene Cooper
- Lady Pirates drop second straight road game
- Date, site announced for NCTA’s state semifinal playoff game