- Farewell performance
The Granbury High School Stowaways drill team delighted fans with their final performance of the season between varsity basketball games Friday night at the James Wann Sports Center. Mary Vinson/Hood County News
- Birdwell files legislation to allow handguns at college January 26, 2015
Sen. Brian Birdwell (R-Granbury) has filed legislation to allow students and staff with a concealed handgun license to carry firearms on college campuses. “The affirmation of these citizens’ rights to self-defense is long overdue,” Birdwell said.
- OTS woman facing felony drug charge January 26, 2015
Mary Ann Guia, 45, of the 3600 block of Brook Valley Street in Oak Trail Shores, Granbury, was arrested on Jan. 17 and charged with felony possession of a controlled substance, Penalty Group 1, less than 1 gram, according to Hood County jail booking records.
- ‘Great to be Granbury’ is program for Breakfast Club January 26, 2015
CEO Mike Scott of the Granbury Chamber of Commerce and Lee Overstreet of the Granbury Association of Realtors will present “Great to be Granbury” at Wednesday morning’s Breakfast Club in Pecan Plantation. The local economy and growth in the area will be covered. The breakfast and program start at 8 a.m.
- Acton Boys & Girls Club open house Monday afternoon January 25, 2015
Youngsters in the Acton area will enjoy a closer Boys & Girls Club. Open house at the former STARS facility near Acton Elementary School starts Monday afternoon from 2:30 to 5.
- UT instructor to talk about nature photography January 25, 2015
Photo buffs will enjoy a talk Saturday by award-winning photographer Brian Loflin who will discuss photographing Texas nature. Loflin is a University of Texas photography instructor. He will speak starting at 10 a.m. at Shanley House. The public is invited.
- Springtime in January January 25, 2015
Hood Countians will get an early feel of spring this week when temperatures will be in the 70s through Wednesday, according to forecasts. A cold front is expected to blow through Thursday, dropping the high temps to the 60s on Thursday and 50s on Friday.
- Our Savior display shows 3,000 crosses January 25, 2015
A Sanctity of Life observance is presented by Our Savior Lutheran Church, 1400 N. Meadows Drive, Granbury for the next few weeks. More than 3,000 small crosses will be displayed on the church’s lawn as a memorial to the lives lost by abortion every day. The church has displayed this memorial for the past several years.
- City Manager: Airport land negotiations progressing January 24, 2015
Granbury City Manager Wayne McKethan said that progress is being made on negotiations for land needed for the planned expansion of Granbury Municipal Airport. McKethan is unable to share many details because discussions with the City Council about the negotiations take place in closed sessions that are not open to the public. The expansion will be funded largely through grants, though there is a match required from the city. Ultimately, corporate jets will be able to land and take off there, boosting economic development, according to city officials.
- NCTA girls, boys sweep pair from Victory Life
- Cornerstone boys down Joshua Christian, 81-49
- CCA boys drub Community Christian, 103-44
- Lipan girls, boys sweep past Gordon
- Tolar girls nip Goldthwaite; Rattlers defeated