- Singing for Thanksgiving
The inspirational music of the Lake Granbury Mass Choir at Acton United Methodist Church delighted attendees of Sunday’s Communty Thanksgiving Service. Mary Vinson/Hood County News
- Man flown to hospital after chase, crash November 26, 2014
A 44-year-old local man was airlifted to a Fort Worth hospital after a chase and crash Wednesday night at the intersection of Highway 377 and Water’s Edge Drive, Sheriff Roger Deeds said. The chase began near the Catholic church on FM 4 when the man sped away from a deputy who was on routine patrol, Deeds said. The chase went through Western Hills Harbor and on Plaza Drive, Harbor Lakes Drive and then Water’s Edge before the man’s vehicle hit a vehicle at the intersection. It was not known why the man fled. After the crash, officers, with guns drawn, pulled the man out of the vehicle, a witness said.
- Federal jury finds Tolar man guilty on two counts of child pornography November 26, 2014
Jonathan Daniel Kutej, 33, of Tolar, was found guilty of two child pornography charges by a U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas jury last week in Fort Worth. The jury found him guilty of production of child pornography and production and attempted production of child pornography, according to the U.S. District Court Clerk’s Office. A federal prison sentencing trial is scheduled for March 25.
- Pack a lunch November 26, 2014
It may be the holidays, but the Hood County Substance Abuse Council isn’t taking a break. On Wednesday, Dec. 3, members of the Council will be bringing their own lunch for a specially called noon meeting to create a new logic model for the HCSAC’s efforts to fight drug and alcohol issues within the community.
- Weatherford woman charged with two felony drug offenses November 26, 2014
Christine Nolan Williams, 52, of Weatherford, was arrested on Nov. 17 and charged with possession of a controlled substance, Penalty Group 1, greater than one gram/less than 4 grams (cocaine) and possession of a controlled substance, Penalty Group 1, less than 1 gram (methamphetamine), according to Hood County jail booking records.
- Community Thanksgiving dinner at Acton Baptist November 26, 2014
No plans for Thanksgiving? Acton Baptist Church will have a Community Thanksgiving Dinner from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 27. The church is at 3500 Fall Creek Highway. Call 817-326-4693 for information.
- Granbury man charged with felony tampering with evidence November 26, 2014
Gary Frank Ticer, 33, of the 5700 block of Randle Road, Granbury, was arrested on Nov. 14 and charged with felony tampering/fabricating physical evidence, according to Hood County Jail booking records.
- Weatherford man charged with felony drug offense November 25, 2014
Melvin Kym Austin, 52, of Weatherford, was arrested on Nov. 17 and charged with felony possession of a controlled substance, Penalty Group 1, less than 1 gram, according to Hood County Jail booking records.
- Toy application deadline nears at American Legion Post 491 November 25, 2014
Sons of the American Legion Post 491 will sponsor “Christmas Toys for Needy Children of Hood County.”Applications are available at the post, 3409 Davis Road, for children ages 15 and under. Boxes for new toy donations are also available at the post. The application deadline is Dec. 1. For more information call Renee’ Sheffield at 817-964-9663.
- Tolar set for Friday clash vs. No. 2 Mart in regional playoff
- NCTA’s TAPPS state semifinal playoff game is Saturday
- Lipan boys slip to 1-1 with loss to Zephyr
- Lady Rattlers lose to Strawn, 77-40
- Pirates move to 3-0 with win over Abilene Cooper