- Make way for the plows
Snow plows clear the way for motorists Friday on Highway 377 in Granbury. Slaughter courtesy photo
- Fourteen accidents reported on icy roads Friday February 27, 2015
Fourteen minor accidents have been reported in Hood County as of late Friday afternoon, according to DPS and Granbury police. Authorities said there were no “major” accidents. Icy conditions continue, and the temperature in the county is expected to get down in the mid 20s overnight, according to The Weather Channel.
- Sheriff expects icy roads Friday night, Saturday morning February 27, 2015
Sheriff Roger Deeds expects lots of icy spots on roads Friday night and Saturday morning. Freezing drizzle is expected to start late tonight and continuing through Saturday morning. Use caution if you have to travel, he said. “Leave plenty of room in front of you so you can slow down and stop when needed. And drive slow for the icy conditions.”
- Friday night Odd Couple performance cancelled February 27, 2015
The Granbury Theatre Company has cancelled tonight’s (Friday, Feb. 27) performance of “The Odd Couple” and is in the process of phoning ticket holders. Tickets can be exchanged for another performance this weekend, or for any show this season, according to Kent Whites.
- Numerous accidents on icy roads February 27, 2015
Numerous accidents reported on snow-covered roads in Hood County. Cars have spun out on Paluxy Highway. Mishaps also reported on Highway 377 in Cresson, Highway 144 and Lipan Highway.
- Hospital District board meeting cancelled February 27, 2015
The Hood County Hospital District board of directors meeting scheduled for 12:30 p.m. today (Friday, Feb. 27) has been cancelled because of the winter weather, according to the county judge’s office.
- Community groups encouraged to join Easter egg hunt February 27, 2015
The Community Wide Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday, March 28 at Granbury City Park, is expected to draw some 3,000 people. Organizations are invited to participate with booths at the event. There is no money to be made off of this event, instead it’s a chance to get your name out, according to Granbury Recreation Coordinator Josh McGinnis. For more information, or to set up a booth, email [email protected] or call 817-573-7030.
- Seems a little fishy today February 27, 2015
It’s going to be a little fishy at the VFW Post 7835 on Friday, Feb. 27. A fish and shrimp dinner will be served for $9 per person between 5-7:30 p.m. at the post, 3670 Highway 377 W.
- Snow, freezing rain forecast Friday, Saturday February 26, 2015
Winter’s definitely not over. Hood County is under a winter weather advisory from 6 a.m. Friday through 6 p.m. Saturday. Forecasters are calling for snow and freezing drizzle/rain Friday and Saturday. Drivers should prepare for hazardous road conditions.
- NCTA’s TAPPS regional semifinals now set for Monday
- Start of regional for Lipan is moved to Saturday
- NCTA basketball teams in TAPPS regional tourney Friday
- Parents of GHS track participants to meet with coaches Monday
- GHS soccer teams split matchups in Everman Wednesday