- Fugitive in custody
Kristun Madewell, 40, wanted in connection with a murder on Dec. 12 in south Fort Worth has been apprehended. On Wednesday Madewell fled after abandoning this pickup near Cresson. Following a manhunt, authorities caught up with Madewell Friday west of Crowley. Mary Vinson/Hood County News
- Keffer optimistic for future December 21, 2014
Even with gas prices dropping, Rep. Jim Keffer (R-Eastland) told members of the Granbury Chamber of Commerce that Texas is in good shape. Keffer spoke Thursday at the chamber’s recent monthly luncheon at Granbury Resort Conference Center. Of the decreasing price for oil, Keffer said “The Saudis are making sure everyone knows they are the big dog.” He added that the lower price for gasoline could lead people to spend more on retail.
- Lakeside Hills woman charged with felony drug offense December 21, 2014
Vickie Elaine Cooper, 46, of the 6000 block of Collins Court in Lakeside Hills, was arrested on Dec. 16 and charged with felony fraudulent possession of a controlled substance/prescription, schedule I/II, according to Hood County Jail booking records.
- Birdwell now in different office at the Capitol December 20, 2014
The 84th Legislative session will soon begin, and state Sen. Brian Birdwell (R-Granbury) and his staff will be in a different office – E1.706. The office better meets the needs of his staff, he said in a “Pre-Session Capitol Update” sent via email. The office in the same part of the Capitol as his former office – in fact, it’s even in the same hallway, he noted. According to the newsletter, the mailing addresses and phone numbers for Birdwell and his staff will remain the same.
- Granbury man charged with felony theft December 20, 2014
Brandon Neil Cobbs, 23, of the 1400 block of Lauren Lane, Granbury, was arrested on Dec. 16 and charged with felony theft of property less than $1,500, two or more previous convictions, enhanced, according to Hood County Jail booking records.
- Booth recognized for dedicated service December 20, 2014
Mary Booth, general manager/membership director, was recognized for 10 years of service with the Granbury Chamber of Commerce at the recent monthly luncheon. Sean Mitchell entertained at the luncheon. Chamber members were reminded of the annual awards banquet coming up in February.
- Christmas dinners will be given Sunday, Dec. 21 December 20, 2014
Free Christmas dinners will be given by the Granbury Church of Christ on Sunday, Dec. 21. The 500 boxes of food will given first come, first served, from 1-4 p.m. at the church, 1905 W. Pearl St. Punch and cookies will be served.
- Sky Harbour woman faces felony drug charge December 20, 2014
Victoria Dawn Brown, 25, of the 2800 block of Pluto Court, Sky Harbour, was arrested on Dec. 16 and charged with felony possession of a controlled substance, Penalty Group 1, less than 1 gram, according to Hood County Jail booking records.
- Possible robbery behind Opera House December 19, 2014
A robbery at the restrooms behind Granbury Opera House around 4:30 p.m.on Wednesday was listed on an incident report from the Hood County Sheriff’s Office. The case is being investigated by the Granbury Police Department. “Apparently they know each other, and we are trying to determine exactly what we have; it might not be a robbery situation,” Granbury police Deputy Chief Alan Hines said.
- GHS boys top Burleson; girls lose
- Lipan girls win, boys lose in Petrolia
- CCA boys win, girls fall against St. Paul Academy
- Tolar girls win second district game; boys top Rio Vista
- Cornerstone teams fall to Azle Christian boys, girls