- Bidistrict blues
Granbury put up a tough battle but lost 61-44 to Fort Worth Arlington Heights in the Class 5A bidistrict boys basketball playoff game Wednesday evening at Boswell High School. Mary Vinson/Hood County News
- Snow, freezing rain forecast Friday, Saturday February 26, 2015
Winter’s definitely not over. Hood County is under a winter weather advisory from 6 a.m. Friday through 6 p.m. Saturday. Forecasters are calling for snow and freezing drizzle/rain Friday and Saturday. Drivers should prepare for hazardous road conditions.
- Blue flags coming to square February 26, 2015
County Commissioners have given permission for blue flags to be placed on the square in commemoration of Child Abuse Awareness Month in April. Child Abuse Awareness Month is intended to encourage public awareness of child abuse and neglect, and to promote community involvement.
- Tolar makeup days April 17, May 25 February 26, 2015
Tolar school district’s makeup days are Friday, April 17 and Monday, May 25. Tolar missed Monday and Tuesday because of icy roads.
- GISD makeup days: April 3, June 1 February 26, 2015
Granbury school district classes will be made up Friday, April 3 (Good Friday) and Monday, June 1. School was out this past Monday and Tuesday because of icy roads.
- Your blood can help others February 26, 2015
Blood donors are needed from 11:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. on Thursday, Feb. 26 in the gymnasium at First Christian Church, 2109 Highway 377 W.
- Crime Stoppers: Seeking tips on game camera theft in Comanche Cove February 26, 2015
An outdoor game camera installed to catch people four-wheeling illegally in Comanche Cove was stolen sometime between Jan. 30 and Feb. 2, according to the Sheriff’s Office. However, another game camera captured a photo of a white Dodge pickup with extended mirrors in the area when the camera was stolen. The theft was on Comanche Cove Owners Association property at 3103 Park Drive where a large amount of damage had been done by vehicles illegally four-wheeling. The camera stolen is a Moultrie M-990i game camera, serial number 126341405005570. A solar panel was also stolen. Anyone with information is asked to call 817-573-TIPS (8477) or go online to the Hood County Crime Stoppers website at hoodcountycrimestoppers.com to submit a tip online. Text tip: Tip129, plus your message, to 274637. All tips remain anonymous. Upon arrest and indictment, you could receive up to a $1,000 reward.
- Harsh weather forecast prompts changes to Texas Independence celebration February 25, 2015
With a forecast of cold, wet weather this weekend, the Texas Independence outdoor festival will be moved to March 21-22, in conjunction with General Granbury’s birthday party, organizers announced this afternoon. While the outdoor portion of the Texas celebration is changing dates, the Student History Fair will continue as scheduled this weekend at Celebration Hall on the square. Awards will given at 3 p.m. Sunday. The Crockett Memorial will be on Monday, March 2 as planned. The program will be moved to Acton Baptist Church, next to the Acton Cemetery.
- GISD sponsors health fair for youths, parents February 25, 2015
A Project Based Learning and Teen Health Fair will be held from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Monday night (March 2) at the Granbury Resort Conference Center. Eighteen groups will be participating, including the Boys & Girls Club of Hood County, the Granbury ISD Dyslexia Program and the Hood County Substance Abuse Council. There will be booths, door prizes, snacks and drinks. The free event is sponsored by the Granbury ISD secondary campuses and is open to all Granbury students in grades 6-12, as well as their parents.
- NCTA basketball teams in TAPPS regional tourney Friday
- Parents of GHS track participants to meet with coaches Monday
- Lipan’s regional time changed to 5 p.m.; schools out early
- GHS soccer teams split matchups in Everman Wednesday
- Granbury, Tolar boys lose in bidistrict basketball