- Aloha from the luau
- Laguna Vista residents air water complaints September 1, 2015
General Manager Ike Thomas, of Laguna Vista Water, was on the hot seat Tuesday night as more than 200 people packed the pews at Fairview Baptist Church for a meeting on water issues. Customers questioned water storage, boil water notices, water outages and stage 4 restrictions. Thomas and officials with Texas Rain promised better communication with customers as improvements are put in place.…
- In Wednesday’s Hood County News September 1, 2015
–The fate of the driver’s license office at Annex III is still up in the air.
–The county has enlisted an architect for remodeling Annex III.
–Granbury High School football parking Friday night presented a challenge because of ongoing construction.
–A Stephenville man is accused in a hammer attack.
–Youngsters enjoy the Hood County Library’s interactive SMART Table.…
- Bike ride will benefit garden circle September 1, 2015
Early registration for the Pedal for Petals bike ride on Sept. 19 closes on Sept. 12. The Pecan Plantation ride is a benefit for the garden circle. To register visit www.greenthumbinpecan.org or contact Linda Reade at 817-578-7199.…
- Sheriff: Tolar man arrested, charged with choking wife August 31, 2015
Trent Michael Klein, 46, of Tolar, was arrested by Sheriff’s Office deputies just after midnight Saturday and charged with a felony count of family violence choking after choking his wife during a disturbance, Lieutenant Johnny Rose said. The victim was not seriously injured, Rose noted.…
- Stephenville man charged in hammer attack August 31, 2015
Nicholas Christoper Barlow, 41, of Stephenville, struck a 60-year-old man in the head with a hammer during an argument Sunday at a residence in Comanche Harbor, and was arrested by deputies, according to Sheriff’s Office Lieutenant Johnny Rose. Barlow is charged with a felony count of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, Rose said.…
- GISD: Replace bullying with acts of kindness August 31, 2015
The Rachel’s Challenge program is kicking off in Granbury schools to equip and motivate students to replace acts of violence, bullying and negativity with acts of respect, kindness and compassion. The program has been held in Granbury for the last three years.…
- 50 Fellas Foodfest Oct. 17 August 31, 2015
The Granbury ISD Education Foundation will host the second annual 50 Fellas Foodfest on Saturday evening, Oct. 17, from 6-8:30 at the Granbury Reunion Grounds’ Courts Cleveland Show Barn. The event will feature 50 teams of two men who will prepare and serve an appetizer, entrée or dessert in small one-bite samples. …
- GHS, Crossland schedule Fall Open Houses August 31, 2015
Granbury High School and Crossland 9th Grade Center will each have their Fall Open House on Monday, Sept. 14. Crossland’s will be from 5 to 6:30 p.m., and the high school’s will be from 5:30 to 7. GHS counselors will meet with the parents of seniors in the cafeteria at 7 p.m.…
- Lady Pirates at rival in Tuesday volleyball
- Tolar volleyball back at Glen Rose
- GHS tennis back on road for second district match
- Private school volleyball
- Dove hunting season opens Tuesday