- Windy Wine Walk
The Granbury Wine Walk began with a bang Friday as a thunderstorm hit the Granbury square. The forecast for Saturday’s Wine Walk participants calls for sunny skies and highs in the upper 80s. Mary Vinson/Hood County News
- Softball for seniors in Pecan Plantation April 26, 2015
Spring is here, and so is softball in Pecan Plantation.For players 60 and over, the season began in March and will continue through June 29. Folks meet each Monday at 10 a.m. at the PAC ball field, and sign-ups for play continue. Contact Allen Engerer for more information: 817-219-1949.
- Intermittent closures planned for Hwy. 377 April 26, 2015
Weather permitting, eastbound and westbound lanes of U.S. Highway 377 near FM 167 will be closed intermittently between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. Tuesday (April 28) so that power lines can be installed across 377. According to TxDOT officials, traffic will be detoured on FM 4 and FM 167.
- Defender of Life award given April 26, 2015
Rep. Jim Keffer (R-Eastland) was awarded the Courageous Defender of Life award at a recent Leadership Circle Luncheon where he was guest speaker. The award was given for his leadership and faithfulness on pro life issues. The luncheon is presented by the Texas Alliance for Life.
- Tolar woman arrested, accused of injuring child April 26, 2015
Lakina Shrie Robinson, 33, of Tolar, accused of striking her teenage daughter in the eye with a belt buckle and using her fist to hit her in the chest, was arrested Monday (April 20), according to a criminal court complaint. Robinson is charged with a felony count of injury to a child with intentional bodily injury, Hood County Jail records show.
- Another inch of rain reported last evening in northern Hood County April 25, 2015
The rain gauge in Laguna Vista recorded an inch of rain in a downpour Friday evening. This morning the lake is up a little more. Lake Granbury is now 5.2 feet low.
- Last chance to see Rio Brazos Art Exhibition April 25, 2015
The Rio Brazos Art Exhibition enters its final weekend and will be open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and noon to 4 p.m. on Sunday – the final day. For the past two weeks the show has featured local, regional and national works at the Langdon Center Concert Hall.
- Plans underway for summer concert series April 25, 2015
City CVB Director Steve Dieterichs is scheduled to appear at the regular meeting of the Hood County Commissioners Court Tuesday (April 28) to ask permission to use the courthouse square for the Summer Concerts on the Square series.
- Western Hills Baptist Church welcomes evangelist Allen Hatch April 25, 2015
Evangelist Allen Hatch is returning to Western Hills Baptist Church, 507 Western Hills Drive. He will be speaking and singing Sunday, April 26 at 10 a.m., 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. On Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, April 27-29 he will speak at 7 p.m.
- Pirates now playing on Monday as schedule changes again
- Lady Rattlers finish perfect run through district
- Tolar teams sweep area track meet
- GHS sending five to Lubbock for regionals
- Vander Zee leaving UT