- On to round two
Granbury Pirates celebrate their first score in the first round of the Class 5A Region I bidistrict soccer match Thursday at Farrington Field. Granbury defeated Fort Worth O.D. Wyatt 2-0. Mary Vinson/Hood County News
- Goat, grant and gifts contribute to success March 27, 2015
“Mission Granbury can’t thank the community enough for their generosity Saturday night at its annual gala,” said board member Kelly Lindner. Through ticket sales, auction bids, a generous donation from the Giddens Foundation and a goat named Legacy, Mission Granbury raised $150,000. The gala Saturday night was at Pecan Plantation Country Club. Chet Garner, known as The Daytripper, provided the evening’s entertainment.
- Mattress Firm opens Friday March 27, 2015
The new Mattress Firm store at US 377 and Highway 4 will open to the public on Friday (March 27), according to Granbury Community Development Director Scott Sopchak.
- Generations: Fashion Fun For Everyone on April 2 March 27, 2015
Style show organizers anticipate another big crowd for the Lake Granbury Newcomers Club show at Pecan Plantation Country Club on Thursday, April 2. The Generations style show will feature grandmothers, mothers, daughters and grandchildren. The style show is $13 and includes the luncheon. Make reservations by noon March 30.
- Granbury man charged in felony marijuana case March 26, 2015
Brandon Dakota Clowers, 19, of the 1400 block of Walters Drive in Granbury, will face a felony count of possession of marijuana, more than 4 ounces/less than 5 pounds, after being arrested March 19 at his residence by a Granbury police officer.
- Prints of Code Talker painting available to support Veterans Museum March 26, 2015
Prints of an original painting of Navajo Code Talkers by artist Doug Prine of Nemo are available for $100, and proceeds benefit the U.S. Veterans Museum of Granbury. The painting went for $2,100 in an auction Saturday in Glen Rose during a banquet and program that featured two Navajo Code Talkers. Tom Green, the museum’s curator, said Thursday afternoon that seven prints have been sold so far. To order a print of Prine’s Code Talker painting, call the Veterans Museum at 817-578-3288, or Prine at 817-357-0653.
- Kroger Marketplace nearing completion March 26, 2015
The new Kroger Marketplace at US 377 and Highway 4 is just a few weeks from completion. According to store manager Diann Lewis, the grand opening will be May 1.
- Lance McLean Memorial Highway bill passes committee March 26, 2015
Senate Bill 671 – a bill to rename a portion of Loop 567 after Sheriff’s Deputy Sgt. Lance McLean, who was killed in the line of duty – has passed committee, according to State Sen. Brian Birdwell (R-Granbury). Birdwell and State Rep. Jim Keffer (R-Eastland) have joined together in the effort to honor the slain deputy.
- Granbury man charged with felony drug count March 25, 2015
Richard Todd Hammond, 39, of the 3600 block of Pecan Arbor Court in the Wildwood East subdivision, is facing a felony count of manufacture/delivery of a controlled substance, Penalty Group 1, more than 4 grams/less than 200 grams, after being arrested March 19 by a Granbury Police officer, according to Hood County Jail records.
- GHS sports schedule changes
- Pirates advance in soccer playoffs
- Rival Cleburne hands Pirates first district loss
- Lady Pirates fall to Centennial
- Rattlers tearing up foes in 13-2A baseball