- Windy Wine Walk
The Granbury Wine Walk began with a bang Friday as a thunderstorm hit the Granbury square. The forecast for Saturday’s Wine Walk participants calls for sunny skies and highs in the upper 80s. Mary Vinson/Hood County News
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued April 26, 2015
At 9:51 p.m., the National Weather Service issued a severe thunderstorm warning for Hood, Somervell and Erath counties, in effect until 10:45 p.m. The area remains under a tornado watch until 11 p.m.
- No flooding reported so far; Hail, high winds aplenty April 26, 2015 No reports of flooding, hail or wind damage were reported so far in …the thunderstorms that just passed through Hood County, Sheriff Roger Deeds reported. However, there was golf-ball size hail in the southwestern part of Hood County, and pea size hail with heavy winds reported across the rest of the county.
- EMC: No tornados reported in Hood so far; more storms coming April 26, 2015 Hood County Emergency Management Coordinator Ray Wilson anounced at 8:45 p.m. Sunday that so far no tornadoes have touched down in the county. Local storm spotters are set for another line of severe thunderstorms moving toward Hood County, from Somervell County, as well as a separate line moving toward the northern part of Hood County from Palo Pinto County. Hood County remains in a tornado watch until 11 p.m.
- Take shelter; three funnel clouds spotted April 26, 2015
Emergency officials activated the CodeRed alert in the southern part of Hood County after three funnel clouds were spotted in the air in the Paluxy area headed north and east toward Granbury. Take shelter. A tornado warning is in effect.
- Report: Hood County under tornado warning April 26, 2015
A new report states that Hood County is under a tornado warning until 7:15 p.m. today (Sunday, April 26).
- Hood, area in tornado watch until 11 p.m. April 26, 2015
Hood County, along with most of the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex, is in a tornado watch until 11 p.m. today (Sunday, April 26), according to the National Weather Service. The watch began at 4:55 p.m. Severe thunderstorms could pop up anywhere in this area, so be prepared.
- Ridge wins division for unofficial Texas state title April 26, 2015
Hood County’s Ridge Roberts, 12, on Saturday won the unofficial Texas state fiddling championship in the 15-and-under division in the Texas State Championship Fiddlers Frolic in Halletsville. He previously won the Colorado state title, and hopes to compete in the National Oldtime Fiddlers Contest in Idaho in June. A local concert, The Ridge Express, will be Friday, May 1 at 7 p.m. at the Granbury Live Theater to help the family with expeses for that long trip. Tickets (29) can be bought online (http://www.bigcitymusicrevue.com) or by phone (855-823-5550).
- Softball for seniors in Pecan Plantation April 26, 2015
Spring is here, and so is softball in Pecan Plantation.For players 60 and over, the season began in March and will continue through June 29. Folks meet each Monday at 10 a.m. at the PAC ball field, and sign-ups for play continue. Contact Allen Engerer for more information: 817-219-1949.
- Pirates now playing on Monday as schedule changes again
- Lady Rattlers finish perfect run through district
- Tolar teams sweep area track meet
- GHS sending five to Lubbock for regionals
- Vander Zee leaving UT