- ACU pride
Granbury students and parents recently visited with university recruiters at the Granbury High School college and career fair. Technology coordinators Menielle Donahoo (left) and Jodie McClintock proudly represented their alma mater, Abilene Christian University. Jeff Meador/Granbury ISD
- Storm spotter training program Feb. 9 in Granbury February 1, 2015
The National Weather Service in Fort Worth, in partnership with Hood County Emergency Management, is offering a storm spotter training program Monday, Feb. 9 at Showbiz Cinema in Granbury. Officials will discuss what you can do to stay safe when thunderstorms threaten. They will also talk about thunderstorm formation and features associated with severe and non-severe storms. The program is free and open to the public. No advance registration is necessary. Showbiz Cinema is located at 1201 Water’s Edge Dr.
- Brookshire Brothers topic for Breakfast Club February 1, 2015
Folks attending Wednesday morning’s Breakfast Club will hear a presentation about Brookshire Brothers, the parent company of Pecan Foods. Breakfast Club meets at 8 a.m. each Wednesday at the Pecan Plantation clubhouse, and all Pecaners are welcome.
- Birdwell partners on reimbursement resolution February 1, 2015
State Sen. Brian Birdwell has partnered with state Sen. Craig Estes (R-Wichita Falls) on a resolution urging Congress “to reimburse the State of Texas in the amount of $603,600,000 for bearing the financial burden of the federal government’s responsibility to secure the Texas-Mexico international border from 2012 through 2015.”
- Don’t forget the Memory Masters program Feb. 4 February 1, 2015
Are you having trouble remembering where you put things? Pat McNeely’s program could help. The Lipan Texas Extension Education Association Club is hosting McNeely on Wednesday, Feb. 4. She will present Memory Masters #2 during the 11 a.m. meeting at the Lipan Community Center, 202 W. Lipan Drive.
- Keene woman facing felony drug charge February 1, 2015
Amber Dawn Moore, 18, of Keene, was arrested on Jan 25, and charged with possession of a controlled substance, Penalty Group 1, less than 1 gram, according to Hood County Jail booking records.
- City may honor the late Michael Brawley January 31, 2015
There is only one deliberation item on the agenda for the Tuesday, Feb. 3, meeting of the Granbury City Council, and that item is to consider naming Baseball Field #6 at the Granbury City Park after Granbury High School graduate Michael Brawley. The young man was killed in a car accident last November, just after Thanksgiving. He was a passenger in the vehicle.
- Humphrey named interim music and worship pastor January 31, 2015
David Humphrey, known in this area as a founder and former producer/director of the Glen Rose-based Christian musical drama “The Promise,” is returning here to become interim music and worship pastor of The Church on Thistle Ridge. Humphrey is a former producer/director at “Granbury Live,” and led the music ministries of Lakeside Baptist Church and later Gateway Community Church (Waples Baptist).
- Monthly Pantry will distribute food Feb. 6 January 31, 2015
The Monthly Community Pantry will be at the Granbury First United Methodist Church (FUMC) distribution site Friday, Feb. 6, from 8:30 – 10:30 a.m. Fresh food distribution through the Tarrant Area Food Bank takes place on the first Friday each month at Granbury FUMC, 301 Loop 567.
- Lipan girls, boys defeat Gorman in district play
- GHS soccer teams down Everman squads
- Tolar sweeps Santo; Lady Rattlers snag playoff spot
- Lady Pirates triumph; Pirates tripped by Everman
- GHS soccer teams home tonight facing Everman