- Evening the score
Granbury Pirate Jacob Rose gives his team a thumbs up Friday night at Pirate Stadium after he kicked a field goal for a 17-17 tie with Burleson at halftime.The Prates fell to Burleson 33-31. Mary Vinson/Hood County News.
- Comanche Cove man charged with drug offense October 25, 2014
Steven Shane Creed, 30, of the 800 block of Devils River Drive, Comanche Cove, Granbury, was arrested on Oct. 18 and charged with possession of a controlled substance, Penalty Group 1, less than 1 gram, according to Hood County Jail booking records.
- Pirates draw close late, but fall to Centennial, 33-31 October 24, 2014
Granbury scored late in the fourth quarter on a 15-yard pass to Michael Mulholland from quarterback Kyler Young, but Burleson Centennial secured the ball on an onside kick attempt and ran out the final 1:28 for a 33-31 District 8-5A football win over the Pirates tonight at Pirate Stadium.
- Last-second field goal by Pirates ties game at halftime October 24, 2014
A 39-yard field goal by Jacob Rose as time expired in the second quarter lifted the Granbury Pirates into a 17-17 tie with Burleson at halftime Friday night of their District 8-5A football contest at Pirate Stadium in Granbury. GHS receiver Nick Doughty caught two touchdown passes from quarterback Rustin Beasley for the Pirates in the first quarter, but Doughty was ejected from the game after an altercation on the field with a Centennial player later in the opening quarter.
- Granbury tied at end of first quarter October 24, 2014
At the end of the first quarter, Granbury and Burleson Centennial are tied at 14.
- Follow tonight’s Granbury football action with live updates October 24, 2014
Anyone who can’t make it to tonight’s District 8-5A football game at Pirate Stadium in Granbury featuring the Granbury Pirates hosting the Burleson Centennial Spartans can click here to read live updates during the game, starting with the 7:30 p.m. kickoff.
- Gallery premier draws crowd October 24, 2014
The Thursday night (Oct. 23) gallery premier of “The Story of a Feud” drew such a crowd that there was not enough seating in the Langdon Center Concert Hall. Those for whom seating was unavailable were directed to the nearby Bridge Street History Center, where the same video presentation was shown. The History Center also has on display items related to the infamous Mitchell-Truit feud that resulted in Hood County’s only court-sanctioned hanging.
- Gallery Night here Saturday, Oct. 25 October 24, 2014
The Last Saturday Gallery Night celebration is from 5-8 p.m. at the Langdon Center and the Galleries of Granbury on Saturday, Oct. 25. Artefactz, Your Private Collection Art Gallery and Lake Granbury Art Association at the Shanley House will be open late so join the fun for great art, snacks and browsing around the downtown square.
- Rally for the Cure October 24, 2014
The Pecan Ladies Golf Association had its Rally for the Cure tournament earlier this month. More than 103 ladies donated, and the collected amount was $2,100, all going to breast cancer research.
- Lady Pirates top Centennial for fifth straight win
- Tolar rolls in second half to down Goldthwaite, 39-26
- GHS girls advance to cross country regional meet again
- Lady Pirates home tonight taking on Centennial
- Pirates home tonight in search of second football win