Need an easy dessert for your next party that guests will go crazy over?
Home cook Pat Duran’s Banana Pudding Roll is a fun spin (roll?!) on deliciously classic flavors! Serve this with chocolate, caramel or strawberry sauce and whipped cream and your guests will eat it up. This cake also works great frozen for a special treat on a hot summer’s day.
See step-by-step photos of Pat’s recipe plus thousands more from home cooks nationwide at: www.justapinch.com/bananapuddingroll
You’ll also find a meal planner, coupons and chances to win! Enjoy and remember, use “just a pinch”…
“This recipe makes a great dessert for company or family!”
Pat Duran, Las Vegas, NV (pop. 583,756)
Banana Pudding Cake Roll
4 large eggs, separated
3/4 c granulated sugar, divided
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 c cake flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
3 oz pkg. instant banana pudding
1 1/2 c milk; combine pudding and milk, beat well until it starts to thicken. Place in refrigerator until ready to use.
2 or 3 bananas, peeled and left whole
Strawberry, chocolate or caramel topping
• Preheat oven to 375F. Line the bottom a jelly roll pan (15x10x2-inches) with good waxed paper.
For the Roll:
• Beat egg yolks until thick and lemon-colored. Gradually beat in 1/4 cup sugar and vanilla.
• Beat egg whites until almost stiff. Gradually add remaining sugar and beat until very stiff.
• Fold yolk mixture into whites. Then add sifted dry ingredients, folding in carefully by hand with spatula.
• Bake in oven for 12-15 min. Loosen sides and turn out onto towel sprinkled with powdered sugar.
• Remove wax paper from bottom of cake carefully. Trim off crusty edges to make easy rolling. Roll quickly with a fresh sheet of waxed paper on inside of roll. Wrap in sugared towel; cool.
• Unroll, remove paper; spread with pudding.
• Place 2 or 3 straight bananas near edge (2 inches) of long side of roll and roll up again.
• Place seam side down on serving platter. Chill slightly (20 minutes).
• Serve with any extra pudding and a scoop of ice cream with ice cream topping, if desired.