Want to switch up the traditional salad at your next barbecue but not sure what to make?
Home cook Linda Bonwill’s Cobb Potato Salad recipe should be your go to salad! This recipe combines two great salad favorites to make one amazing dish. With a delicious dressing that ties the flavors together, this will become a summer favorite for family and friends.
See step-by-step photos of Linda’s recipe plus thousands more from home cooks nationwide at: www.justapinch.com/cobb
You’ll also find a meal planner, coupons and chances to win! Enjoy and remember, use “just a pinch”…
Cobb Potato Salad
3 lb red potatoes, cubed, cooked and drained
1/4 c red onion, diced salt and pepper, to taste
2 c mayo
1/3 c sugar
3 tbsp cider vinegar salt and pepper, to taste
1 c tomatoes
1 c bacon, fried and diced
1 c turkey breast or chicken breast, cooked and cubed
1 c hard boiled egg, peeled and diced
1 c avocado, cubed
1/2 c blue cheese, crumbles
2 tbsp scallions, diced (for garnish)
• In large pot of water cook potatoes until soft, not mushy, drain. Add to large mixing bowl.
• In separate bowl, mix mayo, sugar, vinegar and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add to potatoes, toss.
• Gently add salad to new bowl for cleaner presentation. Chill while preparing toppings. Note: I like adding about 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley to mayonnaise mixture.
• Prepare topping ingredients. Remove salad from fridge and layer toppings in order of ingredient list (or to your preference).
• Chill for at least 4 hours before serving.
Notes: Make sure not to overcook potatoes. Potatoes should be soft but not mushy to point of falling apart. Salad can be made day before, adding toppings next
day. Stir well before adding toppings.
“Every family member and friend begs me to make this!”
-Linda Bonwill, Englewood, FL (pop. 288,219)