Apples are synonymous with autumn, so why not involve them in your Thanksgiving feast?
Home cook Sherry Monfils adds a double hit of apple to accent her showstopping bird, with delightful results. Apple juice concentrate glazes the turkey while apples inside steam the bird from the inside out, keeping it juicy. Careful – you may not have leftovers with this tasty turkey!
See step-by-step photos of Sherry’s recipe plus thousands more from home cooks around the country at: www.justapinch.com/easyturkey
You’ll also find a meal planner, coupons and chances to win! Enjoy and remember, use “just a pinch.”
Easy Turkey with
Apples AND Glaze
1 12 lb turkey, giblets removed
3 apples, cored and quartered
1 12 oz container apple juice concentrate, thawed
1 3/4 c chicken broth
1 1/2 tsp dried sage
• Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a large roasting pan with foil.
• Place turkey in pan. Rub inside and outide of turkey with salt & pepper.
• Stuff apples inside turkey.
• Pour apple juice over turkey.
• Pour broth into bottom of pan. Sprinkle turkey with sage. Loosely cover turkey with foil.
• Roast 3 hours. Remove foil and roast another 30-60 min, brushing with liquid until bird is no longer pink inside.
“A very easy, yummy turkey with a hint of fall.”– Sherry Monfils, Worcester, MA (pop. 181,045)