Who said cupcakes are only for dessert? Cara Roe’s Meatloaf and Mashed Potato Cupcakes is one dinner the whole family will enjoy. Kids are going love that they can eat “cupcakes” for dinner. For added sneakiness, finely chop veggies and sneak them into the meatloaf … the kids will never know!
See step-by-step photos of Cara’s recipe plus thousands more from home cooks nationwide at: www.justapinch.com/meatloaf
You’ll also find a meal planner, coupons and chances to win! Enjoy and remember, use “just a pinch.”
“Fun for the whole family!”
– Cara Roe, Warsaw, Ind. (Pop. 13,559)
Meatloaf with Mashed Potato Cupcakes
3/4 c milk
3/4 c quick cooking oats
1/4 c onion finely diced
1 c cheese, shredded
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 lb ground beef
2/3 c ketchup
2 tsp mustard
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 pkg instant potatoes (4 oz)
2 tbsp butter
2 oz cream cheese
• Preheat oven to 350 F.
• Crack egg into a medium bowl. Mix in milk stirring well with a fork.
• Add oats, onion, cheese, salt and pepper. Mix well. Add ground beef and combine.
• Spray cupcake/muffin tin with non-stick spray and press meat down into each cup.
• Mix ketchup, mustard, and brown sugar. Put a spoonful on each meat cake.
• Bake for about 25 min. or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
• While meat cakes are baking, make the potatoes according to package directions. Add the butter and cream cheese.
• Let potatoes cool slightly and put potatoes into a frosting bag with your favorite decorating tip (or resealable bag with corner cut off).
• Pipe onto meatloaf cupcakes.