Looking to create a delicious dessert, but want to keep the oven off during the hot summer months?
Try home cook Cindy Dominguez’s chocolate Crock Pot Cake! This is such a unique way to make a cake and it comes out so moist. Top it off with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and everyone will be asking for seconds.
See step-by-step photos of Cindy’s recipe plus thousands more from home cooks nationwide at: www.justapinch.com/crockpotcake
You’ll also find a meal planner, coupons and chances to win! Enjoy and remember to use “just a pinch”…
“The smell of this cake will drive you crazy!”
Cindy Dominguez, Junction City, Ky. (pop. 2,241)
CHOCOLATE CROCK POT CAKE
What You Need
1 box chocolate cake mix
4 large eggs
3/4 c oil
1 c water
1 pint sour cream
1 small box instant chocolate pudding
12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
• Mix first 6 items until almost mixed. (I set my mixer to low.)
• Then add chocolate chips. Mix in by hand.
• Spray a large crock pot with non-stick spray. If your crock pot runs a little hot, line it with heavy duty aluminum foil.
• Cook on low 4 to 5 hours. (Do not open up the lid!)
• Serve with vanilla ice cream and drizzle with chocolate syrup.