The county has figured out how to take a bite out of inmate security risks.
The Commissioners Court has approved a contract with Correctional Dental Services to have dentistry procedures for inmates performed at the jail rather than in a dentist’s office.
According to Sheriff Roger Deeds, one inmate – a man who allegedly shot at a city patrol car in Spanish Trail – attempted to escape when he was taken to a dental appointment.…
Sheriff’s Office deputies didn’t get their man, but they did get a woman.
Deputies searched about three hours Tuesday for Johnathan Shane Fulton, wanted on a parole violation.
They had received a call saying he was at his Arrowheard Shores home, in the 5600 block of Flint Drive, northwest of Granbury.…
Three felony arrests were made between Nov. 5 through Nov. 11, according to Hood County law enforcement records.
Suspects were arrested here, but their alleged crimes may have occurred outside the county.
Things really clicked between local residents who attended Tuesday night’s Town Hall meeting and the team hired to create the city’s new Comprehensive Plan.
Representatives of the Fort Worth-based engineering firm Freese and Nichols brought “clickers” that allowed for instant polling of the audience.
In answer to a multiple choice test question about when the Dallas Cowboys will win the Super Bowl, the prevailing opinion was: When Jerry Jones retires.…
Sheriff Roger Deeds will be submitting a preliminary application for a grant for body-worn cameras.
The Commissioners Court gave its approval at its regular meeting Tuesday.
The grant is from the Body-Worn Camera Funding Program overseen by the Office of the Governor’s Criminal Justice Division.
If Hood County is approved, the state will pay 75 percent of the cost, and the county will pay the remaining 25 percent.…
Anyone plotting to avoid paying sales tax on a used vehicle might want to rethink that plan.
It will likely end up costing more than the original tax would have been.
Sometimes when a used vehicle is sold privately from one individual to another, there is no title registration transfer. Sometimes that’s done because the title has been lost, or the buyer hopes to avoid paying the sales tax.…
The recent closing of Hood County’s driver’s license office has left some people confused.
Tax Assessor-Collector Teresa McCoy said that some are under the impression that it was her offices downtown and in Acton that closed.
The tax assessor-collector’s office handles auto registrations.
McCoy’s office downtown is in county Annex I at 1410 W.…
The grand jury returned 23 indictments on Wednesday.
Indictments are formal charges.
nDayton Marion Alexander, 25, Peachtree Street, Granbury, manufacture/delivery of a controlled substance, Penalty Group 1, more than 4 grams/less than 200 grams; assault family/household member with previous conviction.
nJoel Calzada, 22, Arlington, manufacture/delivery of a controlled substance, Penalty Group 1, less than 400 grams.…
Construction for a 24-hour emergency medical building is taking shape at the intersection of Acton Highway and Highway 377 in front of the new Kroger. The main building pictured will house Lumen ER. A separate building under construction at the site will have retail space available.
A Town Hall meeting will be held Tuesday so that citizens can give input on the city’s new Comprehensive Plan.
The meeting will be held at 6 p.m. in council chambers at Granbury City Hall, 116 W. Bridge St.
It is open to everyone, not just those who live within the city limits.…