The Yeats-Duke 1858 Working Museum – which will feature artistry such as spinning and weaving, embroidery, knitting, crochet, handmade teddy bears and handmade dolls – will have a grand opening on Saturday, Nov. 3. Following the 11 a.m. ribbon-cutting, members of the nonprofit group Granbury Fiber Artisans will give demonstrations and provide refreshments. The event will end at 5 p.m. The Yeats-Duke house is located near the square at 214 N. Crockett. According to Julie Pitts, president of Granbury Fiber Artisans, the museum will feature a gift shop with items for sale.
Category: Updates Archived