An 80-year-old man suffered non-lifethreatening burns on his lower body and midsection from a small fire that occurred shortly after 6 p.m. Tuesday when he fell asleep and dropped a cigarette on a blanket in his lap inside his home in the 1500 block of South Chisholm Trail in the Indian Harbor subdivision, Deputy Fire Marshal Jeff Young said. The man was flown to Parkland Hospital in Dallas. Young estimated that the man suffered second-degree burns over approximately 9 percent of his body. Caregivers were there who took him outside, and fire damage was limited to a chair and carpet, Young said.
Category: Updates Archived