Minor damage

January 5, 2013

700-01052013.psd

Firefighters examine the spot where an outside gas line ignited Tuesday afternoon at Granbury Villa, on Paluxy Highway in Granbury. A maintenance worker who was using a Sawsall sustained smoke inhalation cause by the minor blaze and was transported to Lake Granbury Medical Center for treatment. The worker put out the blaze with a fire extinguisher, according to Granbury Fire Chief Darrell Grober. Residents inside that senior living unit, which is at the rear of the Granbury Villa layout, were not evacuated but were moved to a central location in the building on the cold winter afternoon. On Wednesday afternoon, firefighters made a good stop on a fire at a two-story wood frame residence on Angelina Drive in deCordova, officials said. After a dryer caught fire downstairs, flames climbed into the second floor. Fire Marshal Brian Fine said that fire and water damage was moderate, and there were no injuries. Fine said the residence, home to two adults and their two daughters, was insured.

Share...
Email this to someoneShare on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedInPin on Pinterest

Category: News Archived